V8 Engine Guy Norfolk

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I just wanted to share this info as when i bought my C3 it was not running as it should, basically someone had at some point shoved a Holley carb on and not bothered setting it up. result was cutting out backfires, a nightmare to drive, I was given Pauls number by a friend and off i went to see him. A few hours later carb was of stripped and cleaned, put back together with new gaskets, choke removed and set up properly and timing done. In all there was about 6 hours work. He charged me only £160 for this work. The car now drives and idles beautifully. They do all work to pre FI V8 engines. If you are in Norfolk and need a go to guy you wont go wrong by giving Paul a call on 01603 812055

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Not particularly relevant to the thread but I'll go with it anyway. Back in the day I used to visit Norfolk on business, often driving past the big Lakenheath and Mildenhall air bases. Loads of US military personnel around at that time and they would bring their American cars over with them - so lots of LHD American cars in the district. When my mind drifted seriously towards buying an American car I thought it was quite likely I'd end up buying in that area - in the 1990s when Mustangs were at rock bottom but f-body Camaros and Firebirds looked a bit tasty. Anyway, it didn't work out that way and I eventually bought a C5 elsewhere.

One way or another I'm sure there's still a lot of US car expertise around Norfolk. Loads of US servicemen will have left cars behind and there was definitely a community of mechanics who knew their way around them. Happy hunting.