Vacuum query

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi ,been out for a little test of the new seat belts and the new front bumper. Noticed twice when I parked the car after aperiod of pos 5/10 mins the wiper door opened of its own accord without the motor running. I am wondering if whilst my headlamp doors were straining against the new bumper bracket It had developed a vac leak? Would that then mean the door and eventually if all vac is lost would the headlamp doors open on their own? I thought I heard a hiss from the headlamp switch when I pulled it earlier today🤔 any thoughts? TiA👍

antijam

CCCUK Member
You've certainly got a vacuum leak somewhere. I have the same problem, which is particularly galling since it didn't occur until after I replaced almost all of the vacuum system components - so I somehow induced a leak rather than curing one.
I haven't had the energy to track the leak down yet since it doesn't affect performance or the headlight operation - and the door closes again as soon as I start up. A search of US C3 forums will throw up plenty of advice on where and how to locate the problem.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
You've certainly got a vacuum leak somewhere. I have the same problem, which is particularly galling since it didn't occur until after I replaced almost all of the vacuum system components - so I somehow induced a leak rather than curing one.
I haven't had the energy to track the leak down yet since it doesn't affect performance or the headlight operation - and the door closes again as soon as I start up. A search of US C3 forums will throw up plenty of advice on where and how to locate the problem.
thank you antijam, I looked at some , one said to check the little in line filter and the other thingy next to it ,i will order a vac pump and try a few things , as I felt and heard air when I pulled light switch , that may be a clue, although i dont know if the switch is vac and electric or just electric. The fact that my headlamp doors were jamming on the bumper bracket, plus the fact that it was all ok until i fitted bumper makes me think the strain had caused a leak. Can a vac pipe blow off and cause these symptoms ? 👍