Vette out!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
A good forecast last night predicted a pleasant morning with rain after lunch. Sure enough a very nice morning so out came the 72 for a half hour run around. Ran like a top and gave me a lot of enjoyment. Looking forward to getting the workshop finished so I can start on all the jobs I have been collecting parts for. Well worth the effort if you can do this every couple of weeks throughout the winter season , I would rather get things warm and use the brakes etc rather than leave things standing for 3 or 4 months. These cars attract lots of admiration , you can see it on lots of people’s faces when they spot one . πŸ˜πŸ‘

Attachments

• 4EED211C-35F4-4790-BA24-F4623B8757A8.jpeg
    4EED211C-35F4-4790-BA24-F4623B8757A8.jpeg
    430.9 KB · Views: 26

Roscobbc

Its always noticable when the car is left for a few months inbetween run-outs - its not just the engine, transmission and brakes that need to 'warm-up', which in itself takes a good 10 to 15 miles - its also the suspension.......you can actually feel it 'loosening-up' over the miles.......

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Its always noticable when the car is left for a few months inbetween run-outs - its not just the engine, transmission and brakes that need to 'warm-up', which in itself takes a good 10 to 15 miles - its also the suspension.......you can actually feel it 'loosening-up' over the miles.......
I was impressed when I got it how well it tides. The OP in the states said he rebuilt the chassis with the steel spring but then changed it out for a singleleaf fibreglass one which transformed the ride. It is not crashy at all over bumps but also handles curves with almost no noticeable roll. Loved driving it today , roll on the next dry day πŸ˜πŸ‘

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I cannot recall C3 radio antenna being that tall
Is that stock, or you have a special radio, so you could hear the exhaust of my 99 C5 here in Texas ? :)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I cannot recall C3 radio antenna being that tall
Is that stock, or you have a special radio, so you could hear the exhaust of my 99 C5 here in Texas ? :)
I am not sure, it came on the car but I recently bought a new spare one on the forum I have not compared the length but it may be a bit shorter I will check πŸ‘

Roscobbc

The radio antenna on my '68 was much the same length as that one - non retractible - simply unscrew it to remove (which I did 21 years ago and never replaced or tried the radio again)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The radio antenna on my '68 was much the same length as that one - non retractible - simply unscrew it to remove (which I did 21 years ago and never replaced or tried the radio again)
My 68 came with a rectractable radio antenna on it and was quite tall if I remember correctly. It used to go up with the ignition on irrespective of whether the radio was turned on, and then go back down when the ignition was off. I found it quite annoying as I've never used the radio in my Vette (wouldn't hear it over the sidepipes). So I put a switch it to cut power to it, and haven't used it since.