Vin 1 E-Ray auctioned in Fl this weekend

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Barrett-Jackson is rolling into South Florida this weekend for their annual Palm Beach sale.
On Thursday evening, the auction house hosted an opening night gala for participants and the 2024 Corvette E-Ray was there front and center.

For the opening night party at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach, the main bidding room was cleared and the E-Ray was placed in the center of the room and positioned on top of a four-post lift for all to see.
A live band played on stage, and we also hear from Craig Jackson, who spoke about the 20th anniversary of the South Florida event.

Barrett-Jackson will be auctioning the first customer produced 2024 Corvette E-Ray wearing the sequence number VIN 001.

The 3LZ Coupe is scheduled to cross the auction block on Saturday at 2:30 pm and the proceeds will benefit a non-profit organization called DonorsChoose, whose mission is to help classrooms in need

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Introducing the new E-Ray was Corvette Executive Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter who explained that this particular car on the stage was a preproduction model and that the people bidding today were bidding on history as they could build the very first Corvette E-Ray to their own specs.
Tadge stated :

After 70 years of striving to perfect internal combustion, perfection in sports cars, we finally are going electric.
We’re Electrifying this car, but we’re doing it in a way that doesn’t distract from the driving experience, it only enhances everything about driving a Corvette.

Bidding for the car was fast, with it reaching $1 million is just a matter of seconds.
After a pause it resumed with one final bid to hammer at $1.1 million, and it was announced that the buyer was

Chevy dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick who had just added another VIN 001 Corvette to his extensive collection.

Erayauct.jpg

Termie

CCCUK Member
It's for charity/a good cause, so why not? The same guy paid $900K for the 1st Z06 at auction - again, for charity.

SearchShane

CCCUK Member
If I had that kind of money and could afford it, I would! It's going to charity, a good cause, and you get your dream car? Also, isnt Charity tax write-off? So I assume someone with that amount of money knows a trick or 2 to get the taxman off his back a bit.