Wanted: 1969-1982 C3 (not 78-79)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I'm looking for a driver quality as that's my price range and I don't want to worry about taking it out like a show quality.

List of wants:

Colour: Blue, white or maybe black
Interior: If blue exterior then black interior, if white exterior then black or red interior
Engine: Small block
Transmission: Automatic
T-Tops

Thank you!

Last edited:

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Last year with 'flat back window' was 1977...... ('78-on was glass fastback)
J.C. (1911)
Almost every year c3 vette had subtle body and trim variations.
Some of these are deal breakers to some and each to his/her own. My own must have were the eggcrates which ruled out everything bar 70/1/2. I still love all vette years but decided to hold out for my personal favorite. Good luck with the hunt 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
My only requirements from my C3 were it must be manual transmission and be a chrome bumper model. Top of the "would be nice" list were side pipes and have a big block engine. Then I looked at big block costs etc and look at my realistic driving style and figured that other than "pub bragging" I didn't need a big block. So ended up with my manual chromey with side pipes (and a SBC in it) :)

Since buying it though, the numbers 427 have been haunting me everywhere I go.... they seem to appear. I used my 327 ci SBC Corvette for my wedding, and what room number did I get on honeymoon? Yup, room 427 ! It's life haunting me for not buying a big block.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
My only requirements from my C3 were it must be manual transmission and be a chrome bumper model. Top of the "would be nice" list were side pipes and have a big block engine. Then I looked at big block costs etc and look at my realistic driving style and figured that other than "pub bragging" I didn't need a big block. So ended up with my manual chromey with side pipes (and a SBC in it) :)

Since buying it though, the numbers 427 have been haunting me everywhere I go.... they seem to appear. I used my 327 ci SBC Corvette for my wedding, and what room number did I get on honeymoon? Yup, room 427 ! It's life haunting me for not buying a big block.
Big blocks are for racing really.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Big blocks are for racing really.
And for pub bragging, and for "how quickly can I consume petrol" competitions :D. Thing is, my Vette has one of the big block hoods on it, and people get disappointed when I tell them its not a big block. I don't care, sounds and goes alright to me.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
And for pub bragging, and for "how quickly can I consume petrol" competitions :D. Thing is, my Vette has one of the big block hoods on it, and people get disappointed when I tell them its not a big block. I don't care, sounds and goes alright to me.
You mean you can hear yourself think with the T-Tops off.

Roscobbc

Fella's - you really, really need to drive a manual big block Vette before dismissing one as 'racing only' and "how quick I can consume petrol" etc etc. Taking nothing away from the excitement of driving a small block powered Vette (and especially a 'hot' small block powered Vette) the driving experience of a big block powered Vette, especially a manual vehicle is totally exhilarating, with a high output big block car even more so. Fuel economy....I'll wager that a 'hot' small block powered 350/350hp or 350/370hp is no better than a big block powered car. There is no replacement for displacement.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Fella's - you really, really need to drive a manual big block Vette before dismissing one as 'racing only' and "how quick I can consume petrol" etc etc. Taking nothing away from the excitement of driving a small block powered Vette (and especially a 'hot' small block powered Vette) the driving experience of a big block powered Vette, especially a manual vehicle is totally exhilarating, with a high output big block car even more so. Fuel economy....I'll wager that a 'hot' small block powered 350/350hp or 350/370hp is no better than a big block powered car. There is no replacement for displacement.
I'm too lazy to move the shifter and I like my arm out the window. LHD is the best kind of car!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm not dismissing a big block car at all - I really REALLY want one and secretly lust over your lovely white big block Vette. Alas, I can't afford one, and I'm happy with my standard small block.

In reality though, its just an excuse so I can sleep at night.... otherwise I'd just been in tears all night that I don't have a big block. 😢 :ROFLMAO: