We Discover how the Brits wash their vehicles :-)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The masses were attracted off-screen as well, with hundreds coming to the small Rufford ford in Nottinghamshire to watch cars go through the river or even get stuck in it.
Local councillor Neil Clarke led the council's decision to close the ford last month, after requests from fire and police services, who were unable to cope with the people coming to the now famous rural lane.

Mr Clarke said about the closure in December: 'We know that Rufford Ford has become popular with locals and those from further afield, but we cannot stress enough that dangerous driving in this area cannot continue because it puts the safety of motorists and pedestrians at risk.
'The closure has been put in place with immediate effect and will be in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the foreseeable future.'

People would come to Nottinghamshire to have a go at driving through the ford and often get stuck there, requiring fire services to help them out of their predicament as well as police to ensure the safety of onlookers to the sides of the ford.

Rufford ford cuts across Rainworth Water, a small river east of Mansfield. It is believed that it has been used, in various forms, for more than 1,000 years.
When the weather is dry, the river crosses the road as a small trickle that is easily crossed.
But after a lot of rain it becomes several feet deep and up to 30 feet (nine metres) wide, and the crossing hardly resembles a road.

This used to be a local concern, but ever since local teenager Ben Gregory uploaded compilation videos of people driving through the ford were posted on Youtube and later on TikTok, the crossing has gained international fame.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
More video of the same river.
It‘s quite addictive viewing….will they or won’t they get through?

I was rather hoping the Range Rover Sports would get stuck, but annoyingly they do breeze through at speed.
For Vans and normal saloon cars it’s no chance. But one notable exception - the Tesla which drives through almost totally submerged and straight out the other side unbothered, unlike the Mercedes SUV thats next along and doesn’t make it.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I love those Rufford Ford videos. If I was having a bad day, I found it calming watching the videos and smirking at those poor unfortunate people that would get stuck. Gutted that they have closed the ford.