Weatherstripping Adhesive

Alan J

CCCUK Member
Hi,
I own a 1978 corvette and plan to replace the weatherstripping this winter. It appears the 3M Weatherstripping Adhesive (08008) is the one to use but can't source it in the UK. Anybody got a tried and tested alternative? Chap in Halfords suggested Wickes Sticks like Sh*t !
Thanks,
Alan

antijam

CCCUK Member
Hi,
I own a 1978 corvette and plan to replace the weatherstripping this winter. It appears the 3M Weatherstripping Adhesive (08008) is the one to use but can't source it in the UK. Anybody got a tried and tested alternative? Chap in Halfords suggested Wickes Sticks like Sh*t !
Thanks,
Alan
This might do the trick.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi,
Thanks,
Alan

I used Evo Stik Timebond when I replaced the T-Top rubbers on my '78. Worked very well and gave that bit of time needed for adjustment/perfect positioning.

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Just ordered the 3m stuff mentioned above off ebay it doesnt smell much diff to evistick impact you can buy from scrrwfix but oh boy does it stick better well worth ordering i had no probs in recieving it totally unsure why 3m dont sell it here !!!

lordkev1

Regular user
Hi,
Thanks,
Alan
I was recently told that you can purchase the sealant from the Mustang shop in the UK, I am not sure exactly what its called but look it up online