Where to source replacement dash gauge cluster bulbs for the C3?

Last triumph

Well-known user
Whilst I'm sorting my temp gauge and have the cluster on the bench, it makes sense to replace all the bulbs and I don;t want to use LEDs as I want to maintain the originality and correct visual appearance, not matter how woeful.

I measured them to be about 3.6W and most of them had L36 markings on them, or 194.

I'm really struggling to find a source of these outside the US so I must be searching incorrectly.

What are people using and where are you sourcing them from?

antijam

CCCUK Member
I think the closest you'll find to the 194 capless wedge bulb is a 12V W5W (Lucas LLB501) - here for example. The 194 is a 3.8W bulb, the W5W is 5W, so a little brighter.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hell Fire !!! Concorde had less instruments than that ! :eek: Totally pointless too unless you have a co pilot instead of a passenger to read all the gauges on the right hand side !

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Bloody Hell.
I wonder what all those gauges do?

Exhaust temperature, Engine oil viscosity, Passenger weight, Radiator psi, Braking pressure, G Forces, Weight transfer, Wiper speed left, Wiper speed right, headlight thermal cut out temperature and the all important 'Likelihood of an imminent crash due to looking at Gauges' Gauge, among others.

... i dont know... :oops:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
No, you cant actually drive it at night due to the glare from the gauges.
Your probably right. I would think whoever installed all those gauges used nice modern bulbs. 60’s, 70’s and even some 80’s US cars had pretty poor dash lights. They never seemed to improve them much. Recently sold a 67 mustang, very poor dash lights, and a 86 Caprice that wasn’t any better.

Last edited: