Who would have thought

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Buying parts for our American cars has never been easier nowadays. Just a few clicks and it’s all done. From large to small nearly everything is available.
the younger generation like James has never had it so good. Suppliers will ship worldwide, without question. How times have changed.

Roscobbc

Buying parts for our American cars has never been easier nowadays. Just a few clicks and it’s all done. From large to small nearly everything is available.
the younger generation like James has never had it so good. Suppliers will ship worldwide, without question. How times have changed.
I can recall when many of the parts we perhaps get flown over from the USA were actually available off the shelf in UK based speciality shops. Woolfrace in Bedford used to effectively be a wholesaler and an additional source of supply. Even certain UK Ford dealers would carry limited US FoMoCo servicing parts.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Remember John woofrace at staples corner? There for many many years. God, we ordered from him over the years. Gates of Woodford also could get some if not most Ford bits. The grandson Steven gates was well into American cars. A friends dad bought a new 1971 Mach 1 from them.

Roscobbc

Used both Gates and Staples Corner in the day. When I owned my (one of 500 or so) 1971 429 SCJ Mustang there was a reputed black '71 429CJ convertible Mustang in Woodford, occasionally serviced I believe by Gates of Woodford when they were based there.....this would have probably 1 of perhaps 4 or 5 even built....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A friend who is a few years older than me bought one new in 1971. He worked for Ford ( US) and the employee discount was massive in those days. He was a real fri/sat night racer . Kept it until the oil crisis in 73 then got himself a Pinto. That 429 passed everything but a gas station 😂👍

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
He went from a mustang to a pinto? 😦
Yep, gas more than tripled in price, and was in short supply. All the performance cars, big block vettes, T/A ‘s the 440 Chrysler group vehicles suddenly became vertically worthless. Affected the full size models as well. VW bugs were in high demand.