Window not sitting right on 79 coupe

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Hi All
Firstly I hope everyone is well,
Now I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this problem but here goes,when I close the passenger door the window (when fully closed)sits the wrong side of the small metal clip thing! that is attached 3/4s of the way up the A post forcing the window outwards ie the wrong side of the clip thing (I think it is something to do with the weather seal).If however I push the window in towards the interior of the car as I shut the door it ends up the correct side of the clip! I am worried that if I forget to do this one day the window may shatter?
It’s as though the window travel is slightly out on it’s upward travel, is this somehow adjustable,or can the clip be removed,I have adjusted the two small adjusters behind the door card that push the window outwards but that’s the wrong way seemingly.
Any comments would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts
Regards Nige and stay safe

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Needs realigning an total crappy job on the c3 so many bits u can alter but first things first check the guides that run on window white plastic items square fitting one side round the other these wear and no amount of pi###ng about with other adjustment will sort alignment if these are shot if all good you have in out adjustment back and forth adjustment and travel up and down adjustment most of it obvious once you pull door panel off expect to lose a few hrs of ur day on this