Windscreen Wipers adjustment

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
Hi my passenger wiper doesn’t go down far enough and when the wiper door shuts it sits on top of the wiper. This means that the next operation of the wipers won’t work as the vacuum port at the bottom of the LH wiper hasn’t actuated and hence completed the cycle.
Now I’ve adjusted the wipers, the wiper door actuator rod countless times in fact 2 full days messing about all according to the aim all to no avail. Wiper motor is new, wiper door vacuum actuator new, the dashboard overrides all work, but there must be something I’m missing.

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
1972 Hi my passenger wiper doesn’t go down far enough and when the wiper door shuts it sits on top of the wiper. This means that the next operation of the wipers won’t work as the vacuum port at the bottom of the LH wiper hasn’t actuated and hence completed the cycle.
Now I’ve adjusted the wipers, the wiper door actuator rod countless times in fact 2 full days messing about all according to the aim all to no avail. Wiper motor is new, wiper door vacuum actuator new, the dashboard overrides all work, but there must be something I’m missing.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
You shouldn’t be able to put the wiper on the spindle out of alignment as it’s keyed for one position but might be worth checking it is where it’s supposed to be.

Or maybe bend the wiper arm?

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
Agree, I’ve had the wiper off the spindle to check and as you mention it has a keyway so can’t be moved/rotated a couple of splines.
Bending the arm ? I’m not sure that would fix it because the arm transmission doesn’t come down far enough on the vacuum switch despite adjusting the ball grips on the wiper bell crank.
I figured I’d replace the complete wipers, transmission and vacuum but I can’t seem to find wiper transmission links anywhere, everything else yes. Annoying really as it has worked in the past.

Emc

Supporting vendor
The adjustment for both Arms is done in the center by the motor. There are 4 nuts to undo which allows it.

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
Hi Gavin yes I agree and honestly have spent a day on them adjusting bit by bit and using the suggested measurement from the assembly manual, but the passenger side still won’t come down far enough for the wiper door to close properly. I’m wondering if the transmission arms are worn or something else is worn. I’d replace all of it except the motor and actuator which are new if I could

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
According to the manual the drivers side sits below the park stop 1” and passenger side on top of the drivers wiper when you place the wiper back on the park stop. So did all that but the passenger side still doesn’t drop far enough.

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
Evening all problem solved as suggested worn parts and I have attached a pic to see how badly worn. Once replaced and adjusted again by the factory manual all is now well. Thank you everyone for your feedback it’s been very useful.
16412260-BB4B-4566-A8AA-1A3B234C625F.jpeg