ZR1 Battery

RobertZR1

CCCUK Member
Hi All, the battery on my '91 ZR1 has expired. Any recommendations on spec, brand, and supplier. Pic of the existing battery attached. It is not that old (no more than 3 years), and the car has been in storage a lot until recently. So I am thinking I could do better. Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-2222.jpg
    IMG-2222.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6

mick283

CCCUK Member
The Numax 75.550 is a pretty good to be honest as I sold a lot of these when I had my battery business although i think they may be known as a 75.60 now. Optima are very good if you want to shell out double the price !! Tanya batteries have the range online.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Maybe before buying again for a new battery since existing one is only three years old

If possible, check the fluid levels of each cell
Have or go to auto parts store and do a battery load test while still connected to ZR-1
If battery passes those tests then fully charge and from then on use a battery tender to keep battery fully charged
Clean the battery posts and also the battery cable lugs and be sure they are tight on the posts

RobertZR1

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the replies. I have bought an Enduroline 75.60 side post, from Tayna Batteries. This has identical specs to the Numax 75-60 (I think the 75 refers to a US group size), but has a 4 year warranty rather than the 3 years offered by Numax. Also I have an Enduroline in a Chevy Caprice, also supplied by Tayna, and that battery has been going strong for 5 years. I will get the existing battery checked out though before I chuck it - it might even be within warranty! Thanks again.