72 footwell spaghetti

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Morning all. Had my head in the drivers footwell last eve trying to locate the source of my annoying little buzzy vibration from the clutch pedal. I was surprised at what a mess of wires and cables that area in front of the fuse holder is. Were they all as bad as this from the factory? It just seems so disorganised. A proper birds nest.
Anyway, on a positive note, this buzzy vibrating noise is at varying revs , sometimes on overrun or accelerating and can be stopped by just touching the pedal up or down with my foot. I did notice a thin hard plastic line or cable( there are a couple down there) that was floating around and resting high up on the clutch pedal . Not sure if it is an oil pressure gauge line or what, I have cable tied it out of the way and hopefully when the rain stops I can test drive with a positive result. Any pics of other footwells tidy or messy would be interesting to see how these came out of the factory. TiA👍
Update, my annoying rattle on further investigation is in fact. Not up the footwell itself. It seems to be the clutch fork that has some play and is transmitting the vibration through to the clutch pedal. I checked again and both the anti rattle springs are in place. Any suggestions welcome . TiA👍