"Barn Find" '91 C4 ZR1 on Ebay

Roscobbc

If you look at the other vehicles this seller has for auction, they all look like barn finds and are filthy
Looking at the other vehicles (even though commericials) and the backgrounds of the images shown it looks as though the vehicles are possibly from one owner and perhaps all in one location.....so maybe this is an 'estate' or bankcruptsy sale?........and make no mistake some of the more complicated estate and insolvency sales where perhaps a will hasn't been made or beneficiaries have contested can years to be resolved and 'assets' (such as these) be realised.

Last triumph

Well-known user
Yes Its in an auction. "Guide price" £23-29k + Buyers premium on their website. Optimistic? I'd have the C6 Victory edition auto please/Dont need a manual. You can however change gears manually with the paddle shifters on that, if thats what you like doing.
For Sale | 2004 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZO6 Commemorative Edition-For Sale
I could very well be interested in that, but ultimately will depend on price on the day, factoring the buyers premium and then working backwards etc.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I could very well be interested in that, but ultimately will depend on price on the day, factoring the buyers premium and then working backwards etc.
Or could contact the owner now (Paul Zajacka) and see if you can do a deal now and he pulls it from auction? See his posts in CCCUK Facebook page.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Looking at the other vehicles (even though commericials) and the backgrounds of the images shown it looks as though the vehicles are possibly from one owner and perhaps all in one location.
Yes Ross and there is a "Barn" in the photos. ;)

Last triumph

Well-known user
Or could contact the owner now (Paul Zajacka) and see if you can do a deal now and he pulls it from auction? See his posts in CCCUK Facebook page.
I've asked a question on the car in the FB page and will see where it goes. Need to do some research on pricing to work out what I'd be prepared to pay.

Last triumph

Well-known user
With just under 2 days left in auction
now 34 bids and last bad up to 7,100, so someone knows something about this ZR-1
I guess if someone is in travelling distance and has had a good look over it, changes the proposition.
Be great to see this back up and running again.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Easy 5k. If they haven’t started it, I very much doubt they would let anybody try if they came to view it. Yes, those LT5 motors were pretty bulletproof, but , it was obviously parked up for a reason. What that reason was is anybody’s guess.

Last triumph

Well-known user
The economic reality is though that the car linked below could be on your driveway $/£ parity after all costs and is ready to go without any of the work.

So let's say the eBay car sells for £8k, will it cost more than £12k to get it up to that standard? I'd say easily, without blinking, but others may have a different take and motorvation for it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That was a very good buy at $20.500.
OK a few things need looking at Tyres, windscreen, but still a great buy.

Last triumph

Well-known user
That was a very good buy at $20.500.
OK a few things need looking at Tyres, windscreen, but still a great buy.
£20-£25k buys you a good choice of 'used' ZR-1, £30k buys an absolute minter.

I've been following the market closely for several months hovering between a ZR and Z06.

Z06 are not economical to import currently as still young enough to be subject to 10% duty and 20% VAT.

Roscobbc

IMHO as it's reached £7.1K so far it's really close (perhaps even past) it's 'money' if it hasn't been run so far and the seller won't start it. Being as none of us are interested enough to phone the seller and ask leading questions we won't know will we?
I'm minded to recall a ZR1 I could have bought about 5 or 6 years ago. It was higher mileage than this one, very presentable inside and out and up and running. It did have an irregularly running engine issue which the owner couldn't seem to get resolved....don't think it was a mechanical problem, seemed more like an electronic, vacuum or sensor issue. £10k would have bought it. He didn't want any come-backs from unhappy buyers and chose to let a trader take it.
C4's of any description are simply not on most UK buyers hit lists as future classics, 99% of people wouldn't have a clue about a ZR1 anyway. Canny buyers can hopefully pick up a good stock C4 for comparatively low money (much as they would a C3) hoping its value will hike-up in future years..........just don't hold your breath too long!

Last triumph

Well-known user
IMHO as it's reached £7.1K so far it's really close (perhaps even past) it's 'money' if it hasn't been run so far and the seller won't start it. Being as none of us are interested enough to phone the seller and ask leading questions we won't know will we?
I'm minded to recall a ZR1 I could have bought about 5 or 6 years ago. It was higher mileage than this one, very presentable inside and out and up and running. It did have an irregularly running engine issue which the owner couldn't seem to get resolved....don't think it was a mechanical problem, seemed more like an electronic, vacuum or sensor issue. £10k would have bought it. He didn't want any come-backs from unhappy buyers and chose to let a trader take it.
C4's of any description are simply not on most UK buyers hit lists as future classics, 99% of people wouldn't have a clue about a ZR1 anyway. Canny buyers can hopefully pick up a good stock C4 for comparatively low money (much as they would a C3) hoping its value will hike-up in future years..........just don't hold your breath too long!
I think you're spot on with that. With the internet being what it is these days, selling a car to mainland Europe from the UK is pretty straight forward so with any American car, I'd not restrict my onward market to just the UK. My '81 sold to Germany sight unseen and was the second car I've sold outside of UK despite only advertising on these shores. Thing is, ZRs are really cool cars in my opinion, I'd love a '90. One of my lasting memories was being on holiday in Pennsylvania in 1990 where my Dad took me to visit one of his friends over there who just happened to own a Chevy dealer. He had a brand spanking new red/red ZR-1 on a plinth in the middle of the showroom that had just been delivered and let me sit in it - it was like a space ship and I've had a longing for one ever since, my '92 LT-1 auto never quite hitting the spot!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
C4’s really are a LOT of car for very reasonable money nowadays. The best of the bunch is the ZR1 or a Callaway.
Out of the 2 I would prefer a Callaway. I’m too fussy tho and would want the aerobody on it. What has always stopped me from getting one is the manual transmission. I did miss out on a aero bodied convertible with the very rare automatic transmission last year in Colorado. I hesitated and missed it.

Last triumph

Well-known user
C4’s really are a LOT of car for very reasonable money nowadays. The best of the bunch is the ZR1 or a Callaway.
Out of the 2 I would prefer a Callaway. I’m too fussy tho and would want the aerobody on it. What has always stopped me from getting one is the manual transmission. I did miss out on a aero bodied convertible with the very rare automatic transmission last year in Colorado. I hesitated and missed it.
Yep, the torque rush from the Callaway is something else!