Side pipes

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve always loved side pipes since seeing a set on a mid year corvette.
My friend had a set of thrush outsiders on his 1969 Camaro. The sound was amazing. The first thing I did when I got my Shelby was get a set from Customville or customaid, then straight down to competition cars and get them fitted. Absolutely loved them.
IMG_1662.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 3

Roscobbc

I’ve always loved side pipes since seeing a set on a mid year corvette.
My friend had a set of thrush outsiders on his 1969 Camaro. The sound was amazing. The first thing I did when I got my Shelby was get a set from Customville or customaid, then straight down to competition cars and get them fitted. Absolutely loved them.
View attachment 24512
As nice as sidepipes sound they can restrict power on the higher power Vettes. Even Hooker sidepipes unless completely unbaffled can be restrictive, especially with their extra long primary tubes.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s a car with a few of my personal likes. It’s a Corvette, it’s a rag top, it has the optional hard top. It’s got factory style side exhausts, it’s in blue, and it’s got a ZL1 stripe.
I love that stripe. Have seen the yellow original at Rogers Corvette Centre many times. Fitted a couple of aftermarket ones to cars I’ve had.
Absolutely love that stripe.
IMG_1666.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s the one and only with its stripe. ( there is a white one with a different stripe)
Owned by Roger Judski of Rogers corvette centre, maitland FL
IMG_1667.jpeg