1968 Big Block Vette for sale

Roscobbc

My '68 is still available (for the right price, preferrably to a club member) - I will consider reasonable offers that reflect what has gone in to the car and that it comes with everything needed to take it back to being a matching numbers vehicle.
Chevrolet Corvette coupe. Manual. L36 427 cu in 'big block' 1968. Polar White/ black vinyl basketweave interior. Fitted with roadgoing 489 cu in (8000cc) 571 bhp/606 ftlb John Sleath Racing engine. Huge spec’ including Brodix Race Rite heads, Proform 950 cfm DP carb, Edelbrock Performer RPM ‘air gap’ inlet, full MSD ignition system and distributor. Centerforce clutch, M21 Muncie 4 speed gearbox, Hurst shifter with 3.08 LSD rear end. Power steering. F41 'Slalom suspension & Koni's. Hooker Super Comp headers and custom built 3” ‘X’ pipe stainless exhaust system. Fitted with rare staggered 18” Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dog billet alloy wheels on 285/40 and 255/45 Toyo Proxes tyres. Repro L88 hood. Will be sold with its original matching numbers L36 427 cu in engine and original LT1/big block hood. Supplied with brand new carpets, new ;68 specific door cards, new handbrake console and much more from 20+ years of ownership. Cherished 427 registration negotiable. Note - graphics now removed. Car is quite presentable (but not concours) for its 54 years and a good base to take to the next level.
Although quite possibly one of the UK's quickest road going chrome bumper C3 Corvettes - if driven with a 'respectful right foot' it is really a 'pussy cat' and capable of squeezing16mpg out of a gallon of Esso Synergy Super unleaded at a steady 60/70mph cruise. The dyno sheet showing 500 ft/lbs torque at a mere 2500 rpm gives a real clue as to street driveability.
Asking £-------- - pm Ross or email rosst489@googlemail.com

side-view-vette-jpg.16703

front-view-vette-jpg.16702

rear-view-vette-jpg.16704

489-vette-engine-jpg.16699

drivers-side-interior-vette-jpg.16701

Last edited:

phild

CCCUK Member
Good luck with the sale. I haven't seen the car but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for someone to enjoy. :)

I had a reality check recently and sold my '69 L71 427. It was a big wrench but i know its gone to a good home as I'm sure yours will. The point being that there is still a good market out there.