1968 Corvette Power Brake Conversion Kit from ZIP

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
1968 C3 Power Brake Conversion, the exact product ordered from ZIP Corvette here:
68 Power Brake Conversion Kit.

All parts are brand new and included as per Zip description - the box only being opened to check contents. Due to a mix up, I ended up ordering two sets of this kit - one is now on my Corvette and really transformed the car from previously having manual brakes. Highly recommended upgrade. This kit cost a lot more to buy in total from Zip, including shipping and tax. Free to pickup, delivery is extra due to the weight.

Looking at the kits they supply on ZIP for the other years of Corvette, this 1968 kit should work on later C3s. I suspect the difference is how it connects to the brake pedal (1968 is different to other years), and possibility of different brake pipe position or something. Either way, have a look on ZIP and compare and contrast.20200726_103008.jpg20200726_103023.jpg20200726_103034.jpg20200726_103104.jpg20200726_103203.jpg20200726_103426.jpg

£300

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
How big is the servo compared to original
I don't know what size the original servo was. But I'm assuming its the same size as this is a retrofit power brake conversion kit to make your Vette look like it had factory installed power brakes.

Let me know if you need any thing measuring / photos taken of it installed in my Vette and I'll try and do that when I'm next around where the Vette is stored.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
This looks interesting to us! Where are you based? Are you coming to the Nationals this weekend? Is it still available?
Hello, how are you? Answers to your questions in order:
1) Near Taunton, Somerset.
2) Alas not.
3) Yes.

Added bonus is that by now you'll get some extra dust on the box from it being stored. Don't worry, that dust is free :)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
As this post has been "liked" recently, I guess I ought to add I still have this kit in the garage somewhere.