1979 wiring diagram

Alben78

Well-known user
I have a C3 Haynes Manual for 68 thru 82 which has a generic 79 wiring diagram. It’s not totally accurate as I found out with my 78 but if you let me know which bits you need to see I may be able to help. PM me if this is useful.

Big pickup

CCCUK Member
I have a C3 Haynes Manual for 68 thru 82 which has a generic 79 wiring diagram. It’s not totally accurate as I found out with my 78 but if you let me know which bits you need to see I may be able to help. PM me if this is useful.
Hello, thanks for your info regarding a wiring diagram. I am presently importing a 1979 C3 from Florida, so I am wanting a wiring diagram in order to change the lighting to UK spec. I am new to finding my way around forums, it's all a bit daunting to me as I am not very good on computers
and when you put please PM me if this is useful, I didn't know what you meant so I was guessing at personal messaging, instead of posting it on the forum. Is this correct? Anyway, I have also been in touch with Scott at Corvette Kingdom and he said he would email me and tell me which wires to disconnect etc. but be hasn't done yet.
Thanks once again.

johng

CCCUK Member
If you go to the members only section (assuming you can find it :)) there's a good write up of how to change the wiring.

Alben78

Well-known user
If you just want to convert the reverse light to indicators the write up on the members section explains exactly what you need to do. Scott will probably send you the exact same wiring as it’s been done on almost every C3 imported into the UK. Not sure if there is anything on tube which might help. Hope all goes well with your import.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hello, thanks for your info regarding a wiring diagram. I am presently importing a 1979 C3 from Florida, so I am wanting a wiring diagram in order to change the lighting to UK spec. I am new to finding my way around forums, it's all a bit daunting to me as I am not very good on computers
and when you put please PM me if this is useful, I didn't know what you meant so I was guessing at personal messaging, instead of posting it on the forum. Is this correct? Anyway, I have also been in touch with Scott at Corvette Kingdom and he said he would email me and tell me which wires to disconnect etc. but be hasn't done yet.
Thanks once again.

If you don't get the re-wire info from Scott or the Members Section, PM me and I can email you the original!👍:)

M

Martinshort

Thanks once again.
Speak to Gavin at emc he does this to every Corvette he imports