1982 c3

Steveward

Regular user
Great thanks I will keep away from this corvette he text me again today saying the cage is rusty but no holes and the doors are straight but I'm not going to get it I'm sure the right one is out there thanks for all your help sure I will keep in touch thanks again
Steve

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Unfortunately Corvette parts are one if not THE most expensive parts for American cars. Certainly the specific parts for a Corvette only. Interior part prices are top top dollar compared to other US makes ( apart from Cadillac, again due to the name) which make them expensive here. Just compare prices against Mustang parts, you’re see what I mean.

Steveward

Regular user
Hi all hope you have been keeping great since my last post I have another corvette on ebay that's looking like a project but better than the other one again no engine but he does have one at extra cost of course any comments would be welcome thanks Steve

Roscobbc

When I see a car for sale less engine it starts a whole set of questions going. Why would someone remove the engine from a Corvette? - to put in another car? if its a mid 70's onwards that in itself is an odd thing to do as it'll be a low compression smog engine. Is the remainder of the car a 'basket case'? hense 'pulling' the engine. Seems an odd thing to do to a car which would arguably be worth more than any other Chevy vehicle from the same period. The of course, presuming you buy the car, and if otherwise in good condition and would have potentially been more valuable as a matching numbers car (which it won't be now) - I can see plenty of logic I guess if you intend hot-rodding the engine and drive train and the rolling car is cheap enough.

Steveward

Regular user
Thanks for the advice I have just spoke to the owner he originally had the engine taken out to rebuild it due to a cam issue and have the gearbox rebuilt he's decided to put the engine in a RS Z28 he's had it super beefed up he is going to send me pictures of the corvette in detail he's big in the track and drift days he supplies race fuel to all the major circuits
Thanks Steve