1989 Corvette C4 ZF6 Manual - fantastic spec - SOLD

FelixP

CCCUK Member
1989 Corvette C4 Z51 6 speed ZF manual £15k 134k miles located just outside of Cardiff close to M4 J33

I've owned this car almost 7 years and have loved gradually improving it, continental road trips & adventures. However I bought a C6 manual end of last year and would like to raise some funds to develop that further and for world travel.

This is a very well sorted C4 which is tight, lively & fun to drive. Not to be confused with the other tired slush box examples for sale. I have always used the best quality parts available. It is sold with 12 months MOT.

Quick model overview: This is a one year only model with the awesome digital dash (all working perfectly) pre-face lift round tail lights and the ZF 6 speed manual. Being a Z51 manual spec it benefits from larger brakes, oil cooler, power steering oil cooler and Dana 44HD diff. As an 89 it has the black tag ZF6, made in Germany and stronger than the later blue tag American made gearboxes. The original spec also includes electric sports seats, smoked clear roof (I have a body colour roof panel also) performance 3.54 rear gear ratio and many other items. It has just about every option specced.

I've done about 50k miles in this car and have a huge amount of receipts for the work that has been done. With the suspension and drive train being fully poly bushed the car is taught and responsive. The TPIS Miniram intake broadens the power curve compared to the TPI. It's a pleasure with the 6 speed manual. The car will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds as verified when tuning it. I haven't had it back on the ¼ mile since but my first ever pass with just the exhaust manifolds fitted was 13.9 @ 102mph. With the current modifications I'd expect it's running an extra 50-70bhp. It's economical on a long journey seeing 30mpg and just in mixed driving achieves 20mpg easily. Insurance is reasonable, I've paid around £250pa for 10k miles with modifications declared from age 26-32.

The main points are:

New Ram hydraulic conversion clutch & lightweight aluminum flywheel. Replaces the obsolete dual mass and troublesome clutch fork setup. Rated for 700bhp. This is the limiting factor in the drivetrain even then!
Complete new red interior – carpets, seat covers, insulation, some trim items. This was not cheap!

Differential rebuilt with all new bearings & seals. New Dana ujoints
Poly bush diff & engine mounts
Heater core replaced (big job!)
New starter motor
New front splitter, emblems, coolant expansion tank, fuel filler seal
New Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/30/18 rear tyres

Both head gaskets replaced
Heads refreshed
New valve springs
Triple row aluminum radiator
New water pump
New fuel pump and fuel tank sender
TPIS Miniram intake fitted
58mm Holley billet throttle body
Scorpion 1.6RR
Custom tune
Handbrake cables & misc MOT work

Poly bushed rear suspension
New Bilstein B8 shocks all round
Android head unit & new pioneer speakers
Speedline Alessio custom wheels from Aston DB7 GTS 18x9.5 front 18x11 rears with gunmetal center and chrome powder coat lips

New upgraded LT1 alternator (much better charging at idle)
Smog delete pulley
All new brake & fuel lines
Braided brake hoses

All new weather stripping from Wilcox (best quality, still as new)
Long tube headers/exhaust manifolds
Custom stainless steel dual exhaust

Lowered suspension
New wheel bearings all round
Poly bush front suspension and anti roll bars
New Bosch fuel injectors

Potential improvements:
Paint is tired on the wing mirrors and would look amazing with a complete detail. I'm just more into using cars than cleaning them.
Air con is removed due to leaky condenser. Parts ready to be refitted but you'll need a condenser.
A 500bhp 383 stroker engine!

Loads of other little bits & pieces done as well and always serviced with AC Delco parts. The first person to see or ride in this car will want it, just like I did back in 2016. I have lots of little spares, factory service manual, OBD1 reader and all those useful old car things you collect when you have one for ages. Please contact me for more info or to answer any questions you have.

Attachments

• DSCF4381.jpg
    DSCF4381.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF4382.jpg
    DSCF4382.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF4383.jpg
    DSCF4383.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF4385.jpg
    DSCF4385.jpg