27th May 2023. Corvette 70th Anniversary Rallye - Paris to Deauville, France.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi,

This is an event that may interest some of you. June & I are signed up and it looks like being a fun day out.

27th May 2023. Corvette 70th Anniversary Rallye - Paris to Deauville, France.
Here is something a little different that is an ideal way to celebrate Corvette’s 70th Anniversary.
A one day road run/cruise, or Rallye, has been organised by a small team of people who have been key figures in the Corvette hobby for nearly 40 years.
The plan is for 70 Corvettes, representing all generations to participate in the event. Fifty one cars, with examples of all 8 generations are already confirmed, but there is still time to become part of this unique event.
The rally begins in Suresnes in the west of Paris, with a rendezvous for coffee and “Viennoiseries” overlooking Paris and La Défense. We then head west, to travel through Normandy and the Pays d'Ouche with a stop for lunch prepared by a local chef. After lunch we continue towards the Pays d'Auge with a visit to a Chateau, (for some wine tasting), before arriving at the elegant seaside town of Deauville. Here we will enjoy a glass of champagne by the beach and dinner in the 5 star Royal Hotel, Deauville.
A full “roadbook” will be provided augmented by the route on Google Maps and private parking will be provided during the rallye and at Deauville.

This promises to be an extremely enjoyable event. Corvettes are hugely popular in France and the sight of so many Corvettes travelling through the countryside is sure to attract a lot of admiring attention.

It is not too late to get involved! Full details can be found on the event website: Corvette70
The site is in French, but there will be plenty of English speakers on the event!

I'm not involved in the organisation, by we do know the team well and, if anyone needs information or advice (Paris hotels etc.) you can get in touch with me.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
A quick up-date on this event; I understand that a few people from the UK are signed up for the day's activities, so anyone thinking about it can be assured they won't be the only Brit's there! There's been interest from owners of older cars too, which is good, so don't be shy if you have a 1st to 4th Generation Corvette!
And, the entry form has now been made available in English, for those who may prefer that!

As said, if anyone needs more info, you can reach me via this post or a PM.

Last edited:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
The latest from the organisers of this event:
  • We currently have 57 crews registered (113 people) for the rally including 53 crews for the evening (106 for the aperitif and 100 for dinner)
  • The Corvettes registered range from 1959 to 2022 ( All generations are represented)
There is a little space left. If you have friends in Corvette who would be interested, do not hesitate to tell them about it.

Note, registrations will be open until mid April, so still time to sign up for a great day celebrating the anniversary of our favourite sports car and, driving on the "right" side of the road!