'65 Glen green C2 Vert in auction 23 March NEC

Roscobbc

It's got a 5 speed, Tremec? and (I understand) a '72 spec' LT1 engine. A history of servicing and work done by Claremont a few years back.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Nice looking C2 this in a great colour combo that looks to be very straight looking at gaps and fitment. Guide price seems fair possibly even a tad low maybe?

Whats this?

GG 65.PNG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think it’s referring to the black thing partially sticking out. Can’t see it very well.
The four factory knobs are radio, heater controls.

Roscobbc

It's got a 5 speed, Tremec? and (I understand) a '72 spec' LT1 engine. A history of servicing and work done by Claremont a few years back.
A bit more info from the seller for anyone interested (the auctioneers seem a bit slow on mentioning useful features). A new foam filled fuel tank has been fitted ,believed to be aluminium. Gauge on the right side of the console is the new fuel gauge that was fitted at the same time as the tank (the original one isn't working - reads half full) .
Engine believed to be a '71 C3 LT 1 330hp out of a 71 C3. New white walls from North Hants Tyres - covered less than a 100 miles. New complete stainless steel exhaust and recent brake overhaul. Lightened flywheel and 10.95" 550hp rated clutch all bought the same time as the close ratio 5 speed box.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Interesting Ross. I would consider the '71 LT-1 an upgrade (I may be biased) if it's complete so surely more should be mentioned of how it is set up. The correct intake is aluminium and should wear a Winters snow flake but that looks like a bog standard painted intake. Holley 4bb 4801 for '71, pink rods, forged pistons and more. Anyone buys it I have a new old stock OEM 1971 LT-1 cam on the shelf

Roscobbc

Interesting Ross. I would consider the '71 LT-1 an upgrade (I may be biased) if it's complete so surely more should be mentioned of how it is set up. The correct intake is aluminium and should wear a Winters snow flake but that looks like a bog standard painted intake. Holley 4bb 4801 for '71, pink rods, forged pistons and more. Anyone buys it I have a new old stock OEM 1971 LT-1 cam on the shelf
I knoiw the fellow selling it from another forum - he bought it on a whim - and hasn't really used it and can only relate what he has been told about the car.........reality will be perhaps ignoring what I have posted perhaps and regarding it perhaps as a bonus if you 'win' the car. I think its great - if in my price bracket I'd 'go for it' cartainly!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I knoiw the fellow selling it from another forum - he bought it on a whim - and hasn't really used it and can only relate what he has been told about the car.........reality will be perhaps ignoring what I have posted perhaps and regarding it perhaps as a bonus if you 'win' the car. I think its great - if in my price bracket I'd 'go for it' cartainly!

I'd be shot by the wife having 4 already so not for me but it could be a good one for someone at the suggested price range

Roscobbc

I'd be shot by the wife having 4 already so not for me but it could be a good one for someone at the suggested price range
Owner of C2 Vert noted - "I was unable to get access of the engine number with google telling me it was situated at the rear ofthe engine but as hard as i could try i was unable to get to it let alone read it however i took 2 lots of numbers from the front of the engine and although not a expert on decoding i came up with LT 1 330bhp 4 barrel built at the Flint factory in March 1971"