66 Project begins

Corvette

Well-known user
Still at it and managed to get the 69 out of the way. Couldn't push it which was strange as it rolls easy so seeing my daughter's car with a tow bar I pulled it out. 69 had a flat tyre so sorry to the tiny Fiat. Tidy up will be an all nighter IMG_4998.JPGand some.

These 69's make great parts shelves.

IMG_5002.JPG

Corvette

Well-known user
If it parks on my driveway it has to help with the chores. Here it is in France about to launch her boat.

Suspension off, body bolts off just about to go out and disconnect steering, something I forgot in the past and old chassis out new one in. All by teatime.......IMG_3792.JPG

Nick B

CCCUK Member
If it parks on my driveway it has to help with the chores. Here it is in France about to launch her boat.

Suspension off, body bolts off just about to go out and disconnect steering, something I forgot in the past and old chassis out new one in. All by teatime.......View attachment 4292
Keep the updates coming please, very interesting

Corvette

Well-known user
That Boat would go welll with a 427 Frank
Evening Barry, the boat might but the car struggles getting up the launch ramp with a 4hp outboard!

Well teatime was 6pm. Chassis off new chassis on but not without the usual disconnects that I always forget. Normally it's the steering so I disconnected the coupler first. Lined it up. Straps and block and tackles on only to find I had left the rear bumper brackets on. Removed brackets then pulled. Strange the chassis was going up with the body. Seat belt mount cables still connected. Shameful.

My biggest problem was space and lifting old and new chassis on my own with restricted space. Popped in the new fuel line and slipped chassis under the body. Lowered body onto new spacers and rubber mounts, I will drop new bolts in tomorrow.

Some pics.IMG_5015.JPGIMG_5016.JPGIMG_5019.JPGIMG_5021.JPGIMG_5022.JPGIMG_5023.JPGIMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPGIMG_5027.JPGIMG_5028.JPG

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Unbelievable Frank, doing all that in such a confined space and such a short time
Keep the posts coming, they are enjoyable - Thank you.

Did you have a cup of Tea or a cup of Coffee with the Cake?

Corvette

Well-known user
No time to boil the kettle so grabbed an alcohol free beer. Today I will move the 69 back into garage next to project 66 and cover it in parts. My problem is too many projects/too many parts. Some will be going.

In this garage you enter at your own risk. There's 2 1/2 more C2,s in there somewhere.IMG_4999.JPG

Corvette

Well-known user
Time has flown by but back on the 66 this week. Blasted and painted the A arms and shafts. Two shafts were bent but I had loads of spare ones, painted and pressed in new bushings. New bolts to connect upper arms to frame and job done. They are on the car but need to search for the front springs. If any one needs A-F6E7787F-C47A-4F3C-B012-3B33C1D89202.jpegD0AE83D4-9056-4D5F-85F3-C4D47F228A15.jpegF6E7787F-C47A-4F3C-B012-3B33C1D89202.jpegD0AE83D4-9056-4D5F-85F3-C4D47F228A15.jpegarms/wishbones I have a few...

Corvette

Well-known user
Put them in a press with a socket big enough to touch the rubber and sit on the metal rim of bushing one on each end and start pressing it home. If no press them same sockets one on each end and club hammer them home with light greasing. Takes 2 minutes. Make sure the shaft on lower wishbone has two holes to the front!!!

Corvette

Well-known user
Got back on this car as I need to get a bit further on with it ready to sell. 4 hours with a blade and door shuts and jambs are clear of gold paint. Possibly just the decklid to go. Good to see original exhaust filler panel was free of previous repairs.

0577183B-1026-430B-B63D-00F49BAD4255.jpegF2BB76F1-5F4D-4936-95C0-CD7891BB5B2A.jpeg76329D31-ED9E-4F43-BABA-C124F4E19573.jpeg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I understand now why you wanted me to crack on with bits on my car - you're doing such amazing stuff to yours. I wish I had the time :)