'69 L88 for sale with no reserve on BAT

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I don't get it.

Allow me to elaborate:

1. Rare to list a car of this value at no reserve, let alone on BAT
2. 1/116 '69 L88's ('68 & '69) = 196 total
3. Very rare in black.
4. Never been restored although the chat in the BAT thread alludes to it had wider rear arches removed and put back to stock.
5. Original motor & drive train confirmed by the 'experts' CASS etc..
6. Very low mileage.
7. A plethora of original docs and awards.

These were not really road cars more suited to the track or strip so blown motors & transmissions were common. Plenty of loaded collectors will want this Corvette and so would I but I like having a roof over my head.

Roscobbc

What is generally know as described by enthusiast of other marques as a 'Saturday Night Special'. Sold wit road legal equipment, effectively allowing one to drive to the Saturday night drags and compete on 'stock' categories but with minimal accessories available to supposedly 'deter' the average guy from buying one (and would you buy one at double the price or more even the most expensive road going version. First thing to go would be stock exhaust (replaced with open headers) and stock tyres (replaced with slicks).
I have no experience with Chevy 'Saturday Night Specials' - but do with Fords. My '71 429 SCJ Mustang was one of these. Produced just over 500 to comply with homogulation rules it came with C6 auto and crazy 4.11 back axle and Detroit Locker. With 11.3 (perhaps 11.7) comp ratio it had to run on leaded 5 star gas. So 'techy' that it would only idle for 15 seconds in drive before 'gassing-up'. Great fun on the street - would 'light the rugs' in each gear......
Both Ford, GM and Mopar still make Saturday Night Specials from time to time - very collectible in the 'States.

sublimemike

Well-known user
Not forgetting these L88;s came with a fuel warning about "minimum octane rating 103 or engine damage will occur" console sticker.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
$610,000.00

I guessed $400k but as the days passed I thought it would get close to 1M

Still awesome for something that was $6,862.20 new

Maybe the turn of LT-1's next :unsure: