71 Big Block in Bridgehampton Blue at Classic Car Auctions

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
1971 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray T-top C3 (454 big-block)

CCA in June. Estimate £28,000-£32,000 (+13.2% buyers premium)

Nice looking car but it does look a little odd having the rear tailpipes still in place when side pipes are fitted.
You never know he may have cut outs using them as a diverter between noisy and not so noisy, but doubtful although I have seen it done before, but a little more discreet devoid of the tail pipes

Letank

CCCUK Member
Yes, I’ve seen that done before too. As you say probably unlikely in this case, especially on a Hooker style side pipe where the collector is so far away from the normal exhaust routing.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Nice looking car but it does look a little odd having the rear tailpipes still in place when side pipes are fitted.
I've done something similar on my 68 Vette (also blue, but missing a big block sadly). I've got sidepipes fitted, and when I got the car originally the original "holes" in the back bumper area for the normal exhaust were still there with chrome styling around them. They looked a bit silly with nothing in them, so I've got a set of fake exhaust tips sticking out of those holes at the rear now. Makes the car look so much better from behind now.

In the long run, I am planning on having a diverter to switch between sides and rear for motorway cruising. Though to be honest, I love the sidepipe noise so much I haven't prioritised the diverter to rear yet.

Rich

Administrator
I saw it close up. It was OK. Paint was actually not brilliant with blistering on the front. It had had a restoration over a long period. Overall a nice car. It went for about £32k but a 13% buyers premium bumped up the final price paid.

Lazisod

Regular user

Rich

Administrator
Congratulations on your success at the Auction. One of our members wanted it but you beat him - you'll have to refund him his wasted £10 catalogue fee!!

We look forward to welcoming you to the Club and as a member I can email you our C3 Buyers Guide which will help you enormously as you get to learn about C3 ownership. Blue, Big Block, Chrome Bumper is a tremendous start to Corvette ownership.

Also, as a member you will automatically be invited to local meetings in the area you live and surrounding regions.

Roscobbc

As one of several early big block C3 owners who come on this forum, welcome to you. More, the merrier. Whereabouts in UK are you located?

Letank

CCCUK Member
Hi. I’m the new owner of big blue big block bought yesterday. No nothing of corvette’s and need to join a club. Be nice meeting you all.
Del
Congratulations and no better way to get into Corvettes imo….a chrome C3, and a big block one at that! 😎. Don’t worry about not knowing much yet, there are plenty of people here to offer help and advice whenever you need it 👍🏻

Lazisod

Regular user
Congratulations and no better way to get into Corvettes imo….a chrome C3, and a big block one at that! 😎. Don’t worry about not knowing much yet, there are plenty of people here to offer help and advice whenever you need it 👍🏻
Thank you, think I’ve got a lot to learn about this beast, renewed alternator as not charging on getting home, then ruined ps belt due to using incorrect pulley. Not a bad start. All the best and looking forward to meeting you all.