71 C3 hardtop weather strip

Gibbo

CCCUK Member
Hi
I have a 71 C3 convertible which I am having the bodywork finally restored after owning it for 18 years, I was just wondering if you can point me in the right direction for new weatherstrip (rubbers) for the hard top, maybe someone has a spare kit lying around (wishful thinking I know), if not the best place to buy
All help appreciated
Cheers
Steve

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
UK supplier for a stock item would possibly be Corvette Kingdom. Any of the major US suppliers normally carry the kits in stock for immediate despatch.

Roscobbc

OK fella's - we have a new user Gibbo (hopefully to be a new member too?) looking for advice of sourcing a weatherstrip kit. Our members have given some options.
Gibbo, I suggest you follow these up and make your choice. Please remember that T Top and any other weather seals can be challenging (and also to use the correct adhesive) - also perhaps know that puddles on the floor mats after rain are not always caused by leaky T Tops seals. If you are having someone restore the car perhaps ask them to additionally inspect the windshield frame................

Reactions: Emc

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
OK fella's - we have a new user Gibbo (hopefully to be a new member too?) looking for advice of sourcing a weatherstrip kit. Our members have given some options.
Gibbo, I suggest you follow these up and make your choice. Please remember that T Top and any other weather seals can be challenging (and also to use the correct adhesive) - also perhaps know that puddles on the floor mats after rain are not always caused by leaky T Tops seals. If you are having someone restore the car perhaps ask them to additionally inspect the windshield frame................
I think he’s looking for the convertible Hardtop weatherstrips. Not T-Tops.

Gibbo

CCCUK Member
Hi chaps
Thanks for the replies, I will get in touch with the company that supplies sweets with their delivery, as I have had a few items from them before.
Does anyone know if it would be cheaper importing them, only as they are trumpy for what they are
I definitely wont be fitting them although I will be putting all the chrome and bits and bobs back on and looking forward to that
Once again many thanks and I dont mind the banter

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi chaps
Thanks for the replies, I will get in touch with the company that supplies sweets with their delivery, as I have had a few items from them before.
Does anyone know if it would be cheaper importing them, only as they are trumpy for what they are
I definitely wont be fitting them although I will be putting all the chrome and bits and bobs back on and looking forward to that
Once again many thanks and I dont mind the banter
It may be cheaper , importing them, Possibly, but it wont be as easy, or straightforward as picking up the phone to CK Or EMC and knowing that the correct bits will arrive on time . Better to pay a bit more for reliable service imo, at the same time supporting marque specific
Businesses so we all have continued access to parts etc 😁👍

Gibbo

CCCUK Member
sounds like the way to go Mad4slalom, I was actually thinking that if I ordered the weatherstrip from America and it was wrong or something missing then that would be a right old saga getting it sorted, so I agree for me to buy over here plus it helps our small businesses here as well I guess

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In the old days pre internet, it was a bit of a hassle ordering from the US, which had to be done first by phone, then the fax came along. Since the internet it has become easy, and the major suppliers have become worldwide shippers. Sometimes mistakes do happen, it’s bound to happen, and on the rare occasion it’s happened to me, it’s been sorted in a timely manner without fuss.
As for prices, some items are definitely cheaper by ordering stateside with taxes and shipping included. All you can do is look, do the maths and decide which way to go. If there’s not a lot in it use a UK supplier, if there is a big difference go stateside.
The world is now fully accessible for both buying and selling items in a very easy way.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
sounds like the way to go Mad4slalom, I was actually thinking that if I ordered the weatherstrip from America and it was wrong or something missing then that would be a right old saga getting it sorted, so I agree for me to buy over here plus it helps our small businesses here as well I guess
My thoughts exactly and as the old sign in the post offices said , “Use us or lose us “! 👍