'71 for sale

Roscobbc

The issue with the above wheel and tyre combo is the aspect ration of the tyres chosen - they just don't fill the wheel arches - OEM tyre diameter used was approx. 27" - anything much less IMHO just doesn't look quite right.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Yeah I must confess that the wheels don't quite fill the gaps on my car that much. The wheel size however should be about the same as the standard wheels as I used them in the calculations when buying the new wheels. I do however also have new suspension on the car at the same time as the new wheels fitted, so probably sits a bit higher because of that.
Either way, it doesn't bother me that much - but when I need new tyres then I'll probably go for bigger ones. That however will be a while as I hardly use the car.
Below is a photo of the car not long after I got it - complete with its standard wheels on. You'll note that the wheel gap is the same as with the new wheels. I've got lots of photos before and after at different angles and the gaps are about the same.
20170614_164809.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Yeah I must confess that the wheels don't quite fill the gaps on my car that much. The wheel size however should be about the same as the standard wheels as I used them in the calculations when buying the new wheels. I do however also have new suspension on the car at the same time as the new wheels fitted, so probably sits a bit higher because of that.
Either way, it doesn't bother me that much - but when I need new tyres then I'll probably go for bigger ones. That however will be a while as I hardly use the car.
Below is a photo of the car not long after I got it - complete with its standard wheels on. You'll note that the wheel gap is the same as with the new wheels. I've got lots of photos before and after at different angles and the gaps are about the same.
View attachment 10729
It is a difficult stance there in the pic, the drive is descending, the ground is not level, I do not know the size of the tyres, but the side walls are certainly not undersized and may well be correct, the gap between the rear tyre and the arch can be reduced (if desired) by lowering the rear on the existing (or longer) spring bolts, but the stance should be with the horizontal line lower at the front than the rear - A Nice looking Vette!