72 front hockey stick alignment

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, I notice that a large proportion of chrome bumper vettes suffer from misalignment of the chrome hockey stick moulding around the egg crate grill, any advice one the best way to adjust and align these to close the gap. 0CCB2523-3126-417D-BA3F-B759BE038DB0.png

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I guess it depends which bit has moved. Bumper could be out of alignment, front crossmember could have moved, the front could have sagged.

Having just done a front end there’s a dozen bits that’ll affect the alignment of the “over-riders” or the hockey sticks could be loose or the tabs broken.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Perhaps low-grade pattern replacements?
Looks to be a common issue as I have noticed a lot of vettes with the same gaps, I wouldnt imagine they have all replaced with pattern parts. I can imagine A lot of vettes have been nudged into things whilst parking mind.
all panel gaps look pretty good and chrome bumper fits to body well.car was body off restored six years ago and frame checked and put back to factory measurements as a bit of damage was found at rear. I will get down and see if I can loosen fixings and see what movement There is. Any one had any success with theirs?