76 running slow

oberger

Regular user
Hi all. I've been working on my 1976 l48 recently and something happens with the car power.
I've rebuilt the Holley 4150 CFM750 carb with the original kit, was working perfectly. Then, I rotate the alternator, which was functioning well, because the cables were to close to the valve cover, so I disabled the alt and turned the back cover to let the cables closer to the side of the car. After that, the car now tends to be difficult for starting and when I press the throttle, the car takes a lot of time to increase the RPM. While driving, it feels like driving a 600 cc engine instead of a 5.6 V8, even is difficult to drive in a sloping street or more difficult was to park my car in the garage because it was not able to rise the driveway without speed.

Any idea what could be? carburettor? (was working fine before changing the alternator), Alternator? Distributor? Timing? (I set initial timing at 8 deg according to my car spec)

Many thanks

langlj00

Busy user
Hi all. I've been working on my 1976 l48 recently and something happens with the car power.
I've rebuilt the Holley 4150 CFM750 carb with the original kit, was working perfectly. Then, I rotate the alternator, which was functioning well, because the cables were to close to the valve cover, so I disabled the alt and turned the back cover to let the cables closer to the side of the car. After that, the car now tends to be difficult for starting and when I press the throttle, the car takes a lot of time to increase the RPM. While driving, it feels like driving a 600 cc engine instead of a 5.6 V8, even is difficult to drive in a sloping street or more difficult was to park my car in the garage because it was not able to rise the driveway without speed.

Any idea what could be? carburettor? (was working fine before changing the alternator), Alternator? Distributor? Timing? (I set initial timing at 8 deg according to my car spec)

Many thanks
Are you fixed?
Whereabouts are you?

V

Vetteheadtony

Silly question is the distributor loose, sounds like a severely retarded ignition system,