78 not just a quick paint job

Roscobbc

I did that 3 or 5 years ago (ladder collapsed - I fell sideways - from only about 6/8 feet.......but back on to the collapsed ladder and concrete surface) broke my upper arm and nutted myself.......

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
That’s all a bit traumatic. Hope you’re on the mend. Where have you moved to?
Literally 5 minutes down the road, that's why it happened. Laziness on my behalf as my good steps were in my new unit and I thought the ones that I had in the old unit would do for now but boy was I wrong Lol

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
I did that 3 or 5 years ago (ladder collapsed - I fell sideways - from only about 6/8 feet.......but back on to the collapsed ladder and concrete surface) broke my upper arm and nutted myself.......
Yeah it's not good, especially when I had to call the Mrs and say babe are you busy because guess what 🤣 I also hit a concrete floor and broke my arm by the wrist and squashed all the bones in my hand so not the best result 🫤

johng

CCCUK Member
Sounds like I got off light when falling off my steps onto the concrete garage floor. Just a bit of concussion and a couple of broken ribs!

Roscobbc

Yeah it's not good, especially when I had to call the Mrs and say babe are you busy because guess what 🤣 I also hit a concrete floor and broke my arm by the wrist and squashed all the bones in my hand so not the best result 🫤
When the ladder collapsed I was cleaning steel guttering on the porch roof over the front door. Grabbing the gutter with both hands my legs swung under me and forwards (much like a trapeze artist) the gutter bent and my hands slipped off and falling backwards shoulders down it was the broken ally ladder which effectively broke my fall and minimised damage to my head............(others may disagree :p)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
When the ladder collapsed I was cleaning steel guttering on the porch roof over the front door. Grabbing the gutter with both hands my legs swung under me and forwards (much like a trapeze artist) the gutter bent and my hands slipped off and falling backwards shoulders down it was the broken ally ladder which effectively broke my fall and minimised damage to my head............(others may disagree :p)
They say falling feels like flying until you hit the ground , but I have no intention of finding out if I can help it .:cautious:

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Hi guys with much regret I may be selling my 78 vette as not enough time and struggling with room to do it. Thought I would see if anyone on hear fancied carrying it on as I know you guys know the work that's gone into so far before I list it elsewhere ☹️

johng

CCCUK Member
That's disappointing, you have done so much already and I guess that a part finished project isn't going to get a great price maybe not even what you've already put into it

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That's disappointing, you have done so much already and I guess that a part finished project isn't going to get a great price maybe not even what you've already put into it
Agreed. That’s the reality of part restorations unfortunately, unless you are very lucky.