Aluminium cleaner / restorer

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Can anyone recommend a good aluminium cleaner for the plenum and brake calipers please.
Tried to get the one from Machine Mart that was recommended to me but it's totally out of stock with no expected delivery date.

phild

CCCUK Member
I can`t remember the brand that I used on my inlet plenum . will look when over at the workshop next week . It is a trigger spray bottle and certainly certainly worked well .

I would be interested in knowing what that product is also. Thanks.(y)

Corvette

Well-known user
We all have our own favourite, mine is Vanquish oven cleaner. Wear gloves, work it in with a nylon brush then walk away for an hour and hose it off. Just cleaned up this 70 yr old gearbox. Wirks well on alloys and calipers, it doesn't harm painted calipers5C2B5BFD-8D56-4073-8FC4-60078A3EB7FD.jpeg.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
If you're using a semi-abrasive compound apply it with a piece of thick cardboard instead of a cloth. This was a tip given at a motorcycle resto shop I was at and it really works.

monty

CCCUK regional rep
We all have our own favourite, mine is Vanquish oven cleaner. Wear gloves, work it in with a nylon brush then walk away for an hour and hose it off. Just cleaned up this 70 yr old gearbox. Wirks well on alloys and calipers, it doesn't harm painted calipersView attachment 21382.
What car is that from, looks very similar to the gearbox’s off the vintage Rolls Royce cars I had (20/25).

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This is the only photo I have that was DSC_0937.JPGtaken in 2022 but unfortunately doesn`t show much of inlet manifold that I cleaned up with the Ali - Clean . I did that 4 years ago at the same time as getting the valve covers shot peened and coated with Xylan 1270. The manifold could probably do with another clean up now .