Anne Garwood

7YEL

CCCUK regional rep
I'm sorry to have to tell you Anne lost her battle with cancer in the early hours of Wednesday February 10th. She was at home with me holding her and was in no pain.
We have been in the Club since about 1993 Anne Has been a big help to me running the Kent Region and I'm sure will be missed by our many Club friends that have known her over years.

IMG_20201103_165407.jpg

Last edited:

Roscobbc

So sorry for your loss Gary - her bright, bubbly personality at shows and events will be greatly missed by all - RIP Anne

kentvette

CCCUK Member
June & I have known Gary and Anne longer than anyone, having "recruited" them into the Kent section during their first attendance at the Nationals, back when Gary had a grey C4. June and Anne got on well immediately, having shared interests in gardening, cooking and fine dining and we spent many happy weekends away enjoying some or all of them! Gary and Anne became stalwart members of the Kent section and Anne was a key player, with great organisation and "hospitality" skills - our Californian friends still talk about the efforts she went to when they all attended the CCCUK Nationals back in 2000.

Over the years June & I have travelled thousands of miles with Gary & Anne (with and without Corvettes!) and they were always a pleasure to be with.

She had a long struggle with cancer, but always remained incredibly up-beat and cheerful, a real example to many of us.

Anne will be greatly missed in the Corvette community both in the UK and in the US, where she had many close friends.

Gary knows that we send him our love and best wishes.

Alexm

CCCUK Member
Gary
So So sorry to hear the news of Anne’s passing.
Always a bubbly character and always with a smile on her face.
Our thoughts are with you
From Alex Annie Andy And Sandie

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
She will be deeply missed by us all, Gary. It was a privilege to have known her and we cherish the memories of the time we all had together.

Sea5

CCCUK regional rep
Just read this announcement. Carol and I are saddened by the news of Ann's passing. She was a warm, friendly and thoroughly pleasant lady who shall be sorely missed at all future Corvette related events.
Our thoughts are with you Gary.

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
So sorry to hear this I have only met you both a few times at meetings in between lockdowns I am thinking of you at this awful time

7YEL

CCCUK regional rep
IMG_20210323_152523.jpg

Hi All

As most of you will know Anne lost her battle with cancer after a few years of illness, she fought to the end and never complained once. Anne past away at on 10th February 2021.

Anne's funeral Service is on Friday 26th March 2.45pm GMT UK time. It will be live Streamed on the link below and will be there for a few days after.

Gary

Login: 87067

Password: tuyuucmh

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_152523.jpg
    IMG_20210323_152523.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 0