Any Other Year Round Corvette Drivers?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Having been starved of driving a Corvette since early August but having seen many hundreds on my travels, the icy roads were not going to keep me from taking the C6 on a 40 mile trip for it's MOT today.

With it being such a weird year for me, wow did it feel good to be back out in it and with another clean bill and a pass, I will now continue to drive it all winter.

What with the 5 months of touring and 5 months laid up post surgery, the C6 had just 91 miles MOT to MOT - 40 of which were post the last MOT and then going to this one!

In contrast - The Stingray saw 1400+ miles in just two months in the summer.
New toy factor and a very different driving experience to the C6 no doubt, but the '73 will now 'mostly' remain a fair weather Corvette, so maybe the mileage will balance out at 1500 each a year.

Hope to see some other Corvettes put over the coming months as I enjoy mine.
Off to read the two Corvette News copies that arrived while I was gone and see what's new....

Wishing you all a very peaceful, safe and happy Corvette Christmas! 🎄
:cool: (y)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I take my Corvette out only when its good weather. I'll take it out in winter if its not icy / snowy / bad raining out there. No point digging it out of the garage just to get all mucky etc.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
If the weather is ok I like to take the C3 out for a spin in the wimter months to blow the cobwebs away , but definitely not in snow and ice . I have just been through the MOT`s since I got it in 2016 and the annual mileage has dropped off quite a bit mostly due to Covid screwing things up .
2016 /17 = 2,352 miles
2017/18 = 2,022 miles
2018 /19 = 2,000 miles
2019/20 = 1,671 miles
2020/21 = 1,437 miles
2021/22 = 1,148 miles
Need to out more in 2023 me thinks .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Your yearly mileage is more than mine Chuffers - I got my car in 2016 as well when it said under 5k on the miles (presumably gone around the clock or someone reset it), and it is only around 7.5k to 8k nowadays. I need to drive it more.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You definitely do need to drive it more Captain . Mine read 81K in 2016 so anyones guess what it really is but I doubt its 27 years in Japan made it daily driver . :unsure:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You definitely do need to drive it more Captain . Mine read 81K in 2016 so anyones guess what it really is but I doubt its 27 years in Japan made it daily driver . :unsure:
It might have done - my FTO was an import from Japan (FTOs where only made for the Jap home market). It was 9 years old when I bought it from the importer and it only had 21k miles on it and it was pristine. I believe it was used by its one owner daily just for short commutes across the city. Not great for the drivetrain I know doing short journeys, but not had any problems with the engine, despite my abuse of it over the years :ROFLMAO: