Are You doing this Incorrectly of your C8 ?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes it matters
If connecting directly to battery post you bypass the battery monitor module, thus it cannot correctly
report to controllers what the charge of battery is, which would affect what the controllers do when voltage level is lower
As one example of over the air updates, you would not want the OTA to wake-up modules to download and then process the
updates that could get corrupted when voltage is low and drain battery even lower that could be too low for the controllers
that are active when car is off

By connecting before the monitor as I have shown allows monitor the correct charge to battery
and what the real current load is on battery
There has to be other reasons GM added that monitor for other purposes.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
That service manual refers to "charger" not "tender".

My reckless assumption is that a proper tender has its own control module so the method of connection doesn't matter very much. However, a rudimentary charger can potentially damage or overcharge the battery (i.e. boil off the electrolyte) so if it's connected across the Corvette's module any such overcharging will be avoided.

These "modules" adjacent to car batteries are more typically associated with an AGM battery - which the Corvette doesn't have. AGM batteries are particularly suitable for cars with start/stop systems and get into the whole question of a new battery needing to be "coded" to the car. Well, so they say. In reality it appears that if the new battery is identical to the old one you don't really need to bother. The charging system will take a while to optimise itself but that doesn't really matter. I've replaced AGMs in two cars without re-coding and without any problems.