AWA's 4 Drivers for Z06 GT3.Rs IMSA Racing in 2024

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Orey Fidani, Matt Bell, Anthony Mantella & Nico Varrone have been confirmed as full season drivers for AWA’s two-car Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R effort in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship next year.

Back in August, the Canadian organization stated will be fielding a pair of Corvettes in the GTD class.
All four drivers were part of the Andrew Wojteczko-led operation in the LMP3 class this year, with Fidani and Bell returning as co-drivers for a third consecutive season.

“Stepping up into the GTD class is both a very exciting and intense feeling,” said Fidani.
“The competition at this level is world-class, and features some of the best racing drivers in motorsports. All eyes will be on us, and I have full confidence in this team and this program.”

Bell added: “To be competing with a Corvette is a dream come true, as I’ve loved these cars since I first began competing in IMSA in 2014. Chevrolet is an iconic motorsport manufacturer, so to represent that name in the GTD ranks is a great opportunity for us all.”

Mantella, who had two LMP3 class wins this year, will be returning to the production-based ranks alongside Varrone, who was part of the team’s winning lineup in the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Varrone also went on to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the FIA World Endurance Championship in GTE-Am with Corvette Racing.
“This is a unique and rare opportunity that I feel very privileged to be a part of,” said Mantella.
“Corvette’s worldwide customer program is a trusted network, and it was a very easy decision to make after having worked with Chevrolet in the past.”

Varrone added: I’m looking forward to this next season, and I can’t wait to race for victories with Anthony Mantella.
We’ve built an awesome friendship and both of us have the same desire to win.

“We have a busy year ahead of ourselves with new challenges, but we like it that way.”
Additional drivers for the Michelin Endurance Cup races have not yet been announced.