Baby Stingray

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Fabulous looking and increasingly rare little car . Fell in love with them in my youth when it came out because they were sooo cool and Corvette look a like ! 😎

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah I like them as well, they look very good. Needs a bit more power though.
The 1900 cc one was the one to have with 105 bhp . Only weighing in at about 2000lbs max they would have been quite quick in their day . The pop up headlights were lever operated from the centre console , so no niggly Corvette C3 vacuum problems (y) :D

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The 1900 cc one was the one to have with 105 bhp . Only weighing in at about 2000lbs max they would have been quite quick in their day . The pop up headlights were lever operated from the centre console , so no niggly Corvette C3 vacuum problems (y) :D
Back in the days when 105bhp was actually a mighty number. Nowadays 105bhp is less than most entry level cars....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Same with the 301ci California smog equipped Trans Am’s. they still looked the part tho, which I suppose is what it’s all about.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Indeed, like most American cars of that era, smogged out, but still looked the part. Of course nowadays your talking about cars that are 40+ years old. My mother’s Ford Fiesta would leave the majority of them from the lights. Technology has advanced so much, they are now dinosaurs. But they still look fast standing still.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I am fine with dinosaurs , being one myself ! :LOL: As you say , they have real presence too which is more than can be said for nearly all modern cars .