"Barn Find" '91 C4 ZR1 on Ebay

CDC

CCCUK Member
Makes me think I should have documented mine more when I got it in 2017. It was a total basket case, albeit not quite as bad as Llewellyn's but not that far off. Have had to change nigh on everything, and at the roadside as I haven't had a driveway!

Llewelyn

CCCUK Member
Makes me think I should have documented mine more when I got it in 2017. It was a total basket case, albeit not quite as bad as Llewellyn's but not that far off. Have had to change nigh on everything, and at the roadside as I haven't had a driveway!
Is yours a ZR-1 also? Being on the driveway is a pain but at least it's accessible - I do have a garage which is at a house I Airbnb but it's 10 miles away and there are always guests there so it would be a pain even though it would be a nicer place to work ! (I restored a Lotus Esprit in it years ago)

CDC

CCCUK Member
Is yours a ZR-1 also? Being on the driveway is a pain but at least it's accessible - I do have a garage which is at a house I Airbnb but it's 10 miles away and there are always guests there so it would be a pain even though it would be a nicer place to work ! (I restored a Lotus Esprit in it years ago)
Yes, mine is a zr1. You follow me on insta @green.zr1... Would be a cheeky handle if it wasn't one...

I also have a garage I rent but no electricity there, or lighting, so working there isn't that useful. Your driveway looks very desirable!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Sounding much healthier now!
Definitely! I just bought them 3 coffees on buymeacoffee.com. They deserve it. :)

Last edited:

Llewelyn

CCCUK Member
Definitely! I just bought them 3 coffees on buymeacoffee.com. They deserve it. :)
Very much appreciated!!!! We are going to replace the brake lines this week weather permitting!!

@CDC I didn't realise you were green.zr1 on Instagram! My driveway is really not ideal to work on, once the car moves I can hopefully relocate it to my other house (airbnb rental) where I actually have quite a nice garage... ! I'm at least a few weeks away from that though !

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member

Llewelyn

CCCUK Member
Think I've found your "next project" ? ;) Lovely little car?
HA! I actually like those... That one however is way too much work even for a complete glutton for punishment like me! If I had a heated fully kitted out garage with a ramp I might be... No actually I still wouldn't want it!!

Roscobbc

Llewelyn.....gotta say that I thought you two were crazy taking on a C4 that had been laid-up for so many years......let alone languishing out in the open.....and the complication of a ZR1.
You've shown some of us Corvette sceptics how a methodical and considered approach can play dividends. I'm impressed. Enjoying the videos.

Last edited:

Llewelyn

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the support! It was frustrating that we were not able to finish the brakes fully in that episode... Lack of parts meant that there wasn't a great deal we could do! Luckily everything has arrived now so you'll get to see lots of shiny new parts fitted next week :)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Re the Cam sensor you need - Worth speaking to Keith (Beschi) at Eurovettes or Tom Falconer perhaps? Although obviously you have some good contacts & "fans" in the US now. (y)