Barons results

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just saw that it sold for £19250 plus commission. Seems reasonable to me considering what a lot/most rubber bumper models are being offered for. Yes, it’s been said it needs things done to it, but then 99% of the cars out there will also need things doing.
8C626A66-D994-4244-ADB4-7FA005F25DCD.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just looking at the above picture the chrome bumper cars are soo elegant. The rubber bumper cars carried off the safety aspect design change very well, and looked nice and modern with it. But now the 68-72 cars to me just look lovely. Perhaps it’s the chrome.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Just saw that it sold for £19250 plus commission. Seems reasonable to me considering what a lot/most rubber bumper models are being offered for. Yes, it’s been said it needs things done to it, but then 99% of the cars out there will also need things doing.
View attachment 10390
The new owner posted on the FB group this morning. Certainly looks stunning.

Roscobbc

Just looking at the above picture the chrome bumper cars are soo elegant. The rubber bumper cars carried off the safety aspect design change very well, and looked nice and modern with it. But now the 68-72 cars to me just look lovely. Perhaps it’s the chrome.
The chrome bumpers, especially the front one with the lower grille surrounds helps to define the whole style of the car - the body lines just flow perfectly from front to rear.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, I think you may have missed a good opportunity to buy a chrome bumper C3 at a reasonable price, enjoy it for what it is, and improve it at a later date.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
sorry to hear that James. I know your very much into the chrome bumper era C3’s, but I personally think you may have to consider later models, rubber bumper scalloped rear end 1974/77 or glass back window variants 78/82 depending on what front end you like. Keep looking, you’re get there in the end.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
sorry to hear that James. I know your very much into the chrome bumper era C3’s, but I personally think you may have to consider later models, rubber bumper scalloped rear end 1974/77 or glass back window variants 78/82 depending on what front end you like. Keep looking, you’re get there in the end.
Thanks it's ok I got to ride in it. I'm sure a rubber bumper will be fine but they're missing the chrome gills. 😅

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’m old enough to remember when the owners of chrome bumper C3 Corvettes sold them to get the new style rubber bumper models. Back in those days you wanted the latest model you could afford. The rubber models are just as much fun to drive, they just are missing the old fashioned chrome.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think your right James, the picture is of a 1974 ( it was listed as a 75 ) as it has the bumperettes. Like them or not, they do offer a little protection to the nose. I personally think they look fine. If you don’t like the black ends, you can always paint them body colour as many owners have done over the years.