Best quality interior parts seller for 1980?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I need two new seats, new steering wheel and maybe a new automatic shifter console. I would probably settle for second hand refurbished parts.

Thanks! 🤘

Alben78

Well-known user
You probably only need the seat foams and covers replacing so thats a DIY job on these as the cushion and backrests effectively clip into place. Its probably worth costing up parts from both Corvette Central and Corvette America just to see what the landed UK cost would be but be prepared for a bit of a shock. I know Corvette Central do some of their seat covers in a "Look a like" leather material which may save you some $$$. In a lot of cases by the time you have paid Shipping Duty and VAT then a local supplier like CK may well be competitive. Or you could take a holiday over there with a spare suitcase when they finally let us in.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As Alben78 says , it can be a DIY job but you will need the right tools for for locating the wire tensioners across the cushion backs . I believe it can be a bit tricky . Have a look on websites for how to do first to see if you feel comfortable managing the task . That`s what I did before tackling my 1980 but as the covers the vinyl covers were shabby and foams where so so , I decided to bight the bullet and go for new all leather pads ready made to avoid getting any ugly creases if I didn`t get covers tensioned correctly . Cost me £895 plus VAT three years ago from Claremont Corvette .

Attachments

• DSCF3027.JPG
    DSCF3027.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 8