Best sports cats?

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
What's the best sports cats these days, and are they able to get through MOT emissions tests ok, or should stock cats be used instead?

Cheers,

Pete

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
There are zero gains from the so-called "Sports" CATs over functional stock ones
Consider stock C7s, base to ZR1s, they all use the same CATs, so clearly they do not reduce performance
to what the Z06s and ZR1s output

Here in the USA, any legal CATs must have a CARB sticker on them to be considered legal
If not, then IF a smog shop does a visual and sees they are illegal there is a $10,000 fine and vehicle
is labeled as a gross polluter

I have done chassis dyno tests with my '99 C5, with and without the CATs and zero difference in performance
If no visual is done, being I designed my 3-inch exhaust, I choose to swap the CATs with an X-pipe
and then tuned the PCM so not error codes trip and on-board smog tests pass as if the CATs were installed

Here, though, most counties do not even do smog testing anymore as tests shown newer vehicle designs are very clean in exhaust makeup

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What's the best sports cats these days, and are they able to get through MOT emissions tests ok, or should stock cats be used instead?

Cheers,

Pete
Depending on the age of the car you could remove the cat completely if it old enough not to require one for UK MOT . I have done that on my 1980 C3. Don`t half improve the sound too . 😁

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Depending on the age of the car you could remove the cat completely if it old enough not to require one for UK MOT . I have done that on my 1980 C3. Don`t half improve the sound too . 😁
Sorry Pete , I should have read your post more closely . Having a C5 means it won`t apply to you unfortunately .