Blown Truck

Roscobbc

You know when a failed or knackered engine is referred to as having 'blown up' - its not really a very accurate description is it? - watch this video filmed from multiple angles of a 3000 hp diesel truck literally 'blowing-up' ~

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Pretty frightening if you were standing anywhere near that.
I’ll never forget the day at Santa pod when a piece of shrapnel from a dragster blow-up tragically killed a spectator standing on the grass bank just a bit further along from me.

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
I’ll never forget the day at Santa pod when a piece of shrapnel from a dragster blow-up tragically killed a spectator standing on the grass bank just a bit further along from me.
I was there that weekend but had just gone back to the tent for more beer

Roscobbc

I may have been there the same day Andy when that happened - shrapnel went through safety netting and hit the spectator in the chest I believe - he was standing in banking near finish line?

sublimemike

Well-known user
Dragsters can go pop any time but I figure there is a higher chance nearing the finish line when everything is maxed out, hence I choose not to watch up at the top end.