Blue 72 chrome bumper car for sale

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I've heard about a '72 454 coupe in bronze that someone was looking to px with a dealer could be upper £20k's, maybe a lttle more.......if of interest?
Thank you but doesn't a big block chug fuel though. Might be best to stick to 350 so I can use it without worrying about petrol stations.

Roscobbc

Thank you but doesn't a big block chug fuel though. Might be best to stick to 350 so I can use it without worrying about petrol stations.
Yes and no. A hot 350 is generally only a little bit better than a stock 454 at perhaps mid 15 mpg's.......but there again a hot 454 can be a similar figure - my stroker 454 (so 489 and close to 600 hp) will s-q-e-e-z-e- 15 to 16 mpg on a cruise.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think in todays climate, to run a 454ci corvette as a daily is a bit much unless you have money to burn on gas. In fact a 350ci would be hard enough.

As a thing to own however the 454ci will be a nice improvement over a 350ci just because of what it is, a Big block. The last of the breed.

Roscobbc

I think in todays climate, to run a 454ci corvette as a daily is a bit much unless you have money to burn on gas. In fact a 350ci would be hard enough.

As a thing to own however the 454ci will be a nice improvement over a 350ci just because of what it is, a Big block. The last of the breed.
In comparative terms, today (compared with a few years ago) perhaps like many your income hasn't improved pro-rata even ownership of a humble 50cc Honda Cub might prove 'challenging' in terms of running costs for some people?