Bluewater with a C5.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Nigel

I won't get into my abhorrence of the detestable facebook, but - Great photos! The "old" car is looking as fabulous as ever.

Must have been a bit spooky to see Bluewater that quiet, or was it at about 2:00am?!

97BlackC5

CCCUK Member
Hi Nigel

I won't get into my abhorrence of the detestable facebook, but - Great photos! The "old" car is looking as fabulous as ever.

Must have been a bit spooky to see Bluewater that quiet, or was it at about 2:00am?!
Thanks Stephen, hope you & June are looking after yourselves, (heard the le Mans postponement news yesterday), she's not bad for a 23 year old car, still takes a good picture (so long as the camara man knows what they are doing lol) That was actually Bluewater 8pm on a Tuesday evening, crazy really!!!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Thanks Stephen, hope you & June are looking after yourselves, (heard the le Mans postponement news yesterday), she's not bad for a 23 year old car, still takes a good picture (so long as the camara man knows what they are doing lol) That was actually Bluewater 8pm on a Tuesday evening, crazy really!!!

Hi Nigel - Yes, all OK here so far - we are "confined" to home now, for at lest 15 days, maybe more, unless it's for something really urgent. (Turns out that doing a 15 kms "exercise" cycle isn't considered urgent, as a friend discovered! :eek:) We have hardly been on the bikes in the last 6 months so I see a lot f time spent on the bike machine now!

Got the old Corvette through it's 5 year test last week with no problems, but now its tucked up in the garage with "The Roller Skate" for the duration!

Stay healthy, all being well we'll see you in September 👍

M.Place

CCCUK Member
Hi Guys,
This is the first time I have used this wonderful site so I hope I have come down the right shute. I am an old fart and find computers frightening.
I have been a UK member of the Corvette club and own a 1997 C5 since 2006 when I bought it from Tom at Clairemont. The car has been superb throughot and I have always vowed to make the box big enough so that I can take it with me when I go. At 52000 miles, I have just had the harmonic balancer replaced but there is a nagging question about the EBCM which worries me. Perhaps I am lucky but I have never had a problem but knowing these units are like hens teeth, would my trusty steed be static for the rest of its life if the unit failed ?
The car has been pampered and lives in a brick garage so there isn't any corrosion below the battery box. I believe the EBCM is under the passenger footwell on the 1997 C5.
Any guidance will be appreciated.
I have never had a remote fob and Tom told me to just use the key which I do and this does activate the alarm. Dart tried to program a fob for me many years ago with no success. They were surprised it didn't work. I have seen articles suggesting that the 1997 - 2001 Vets used an ealier fob.
I have read the postings above which suggest the fobs are all the same for European Vets ? Again, any guidance will be appreciated.

Crowborough UK