Bored of having no meets or car shows

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I think Syon Park got pushed back and it's making me feel even more shitty having NOTHING to do with classic cars for even longer after waiting all last year with no shows and just going to work and back is so xxxx depressing. I can't even help my neighbour with his Vette. This lockdown is unfair and wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roscobbc

I think Syon Park got pushed back and it's making me feel even more shitty having NOTHING to do with classic cars for even longer after waiting all last year with no shows and just going to work and back is so xxxx depressing. I can't even help my neighbour with his Vette. This lockdown is unfair and wrong.
Surely if you are both 'masked-up' are you not able to create a 'bubble' with your neighbour? - find a reason to use yoiur car. Do shopping in it, or something else you would use your daily driver for (presuming you have one?)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
So what`s your answer ? Run about and do as you please and kill even more people ? Shit happens so deal with it and be thankful there`s not a war going on like the previous generation went through !
Yes! Run about and do as I please like the rich and powerful keep doing.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Surely if you are both 'masked-up' are you not able to create a 'bubble' with your neighbour? - find a reason to use yoiur car. Do shopping in it, or something else you would use your daily driver for (presuming you have one?)
I don't think you can do that and it's not worth the hassle of the other neighbours calling the cops.

Roscobbc

I don't think you can do that and it's not worth the hassle of the other neighbours calling the cops.
Are people really 'calling the cops' and narking on each other? - seems to me that many people are interpreting 'the rules' as and how they wish. Not agreeing with this outlook and certainly not saying that is right but I see no reason not to use your car for what can be described as an 'essential' journey. I'm sure a trip to the supermarket or food store is justifiable in the unlikey event of being 'tugged' by the 'old bill. As is a trip to purchase diy, paint, decorating items from one of the DIY sheds to do some maintenance work on your property also OK. It's also OK to go to a post office or bank/building society to conduct 'essential' financial matters - as is driving to work if in fact it is essential to physically drive there (safer than using public transport) - a 'detour' out and around some country lanes will be more difficult to explain perhaps......

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I personally know of instances of people being grassed up to the old bill . Some were justified and others just plain vicious and snide . When the deaths get closer to home maybe the ****holes will take it more seriously and do the right thing . A friend of a friend has just died of Covid at the age of 45 and four children now have no mother ! THINK ON IT !!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Try driving your Corvette, its more fun than standing around a field with your hands in your pockets, ..honest it is! 😂
OMG ! are you actually supposed to drive them ? :eek: I thought they were only for polishing and showing off ! does that mean I have been missing out on something ? :LOL:

v8lee

CCCUK Member
Well...just to make you all very jealous ive just been out in mine! And a wonderfull treat it was too😁. Combined three essential trips into one. Had an appointment with my Dentist, went food shopping at the local Supermarket...then topped up the tank at Esso with Synergy Supreme+ 99. Vette now safely tucked away undercover on trickle charge 😉.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Well chuffs, take a look at this virtual car show , just put my plates on to cheer you up 🤣👍

Attachments

• 1240EDB7-8FE3-4165-895E-569E9B97D530.jpeg
    1240EDB7-8FE3-4165-895E-569E9B97D530.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 12
  • A6426034-A130-4B2A-A850-36CEF01EA41C.jpeg
    A6426034-A130-4B2A-A850-36CEF01EA41C.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 4002DFA6-EA02-4C24-8FAB-8D6FF3FF7865.jpeg
    4002DFA6-EA02-4C24-8FAB-8D6FF3FF7865.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 71544422-EC87-4615-A4CE-25D4489EF49C.jpeg
    71544422-EC87-4615-A4CE-25D4489EF49C.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 9

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I personally know of instances of people being grassed up to the old bill . Some were justified and others just plain vicious and snide . When the deaths get closer to home maybe the ****holes will take it more seriously and do the right thing . A friend of a friend has just died of Covid at the age of 45 and four children now have no mother ! THINK ON IT !!!
Wow forty five , that bring home how serious this is . That poor family. 😢

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well chuffs, take a look at this virtual car show , just put my plates on to cheer you up 🤣👍
Hey Dude , loved the car show . It`s looking stunning without a doubt (y)(y)
If the dreaded Covid has blown away by July I will be in Cornwall sailing on a historic Brig out of Newlyn to the Isles of Scilly . I may well swing by and have " a geek at they " as you folks say down there .:LOL:

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
As I am a new owner I shall be doing my weekly shopping run to Tescos in mine, no way Im not taking her out...luckily my 2 nearest Tesco stores are both 20 miles away so will get a good run, should just about have room in the back!!!