BRAKE VIBRATION ON 2019 CAMARO

Atomic Corvette 22

Regular user
Hi All,
I hope i find everyone well and Safe,

Now down to the problem, Last week i had to drive back from Malaga as the Ferry from Santander was cancelled, I drove 1500 miles in 2 Days.
via France and Euro Tunnel and was the only car on the train last Sunday,
On the way back the car developed a server brake vibration, so much that the whole car was shaking and had to drive via Paddle gear change so as not to use the brakes.
There is no warning lights on the dash as i thought ABS problem, the car has only
covered 6,000 miles, any ideas would be much appreciated on fault ??

Many Thanks all, 2019-12-28 16.02.04.jpg2019-12-28 16.02.04.jpgStay Safe

Atomic Corvette 22

Regular user
Check the discs, you may have warped one with excessive heat/braking.
Thanks Graham, I will look at these when the weather gets a bit better, tho it may be hard to determine with
the brake discs on the car and i have no way of taking them off, and i should thank that it would be Warranty
issue in the end, Just a long way to Ian Allens to get it looked at, anyone closer you know.

thanks

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Ian Allan is closed for the moment due to Covid, but contactable by phone (see website). Where are you based?

Rich

Administrator
Richard - this is a blow after your battery issue in Spain. However, there is a Facebook page for 6th Generation Camaro owners. Someone there may have had a similar problem.

Search for "Camaro 6th Generation UK"

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Richard - this is a blow after your battery issue in Spain. However, there is a Facebook page for 6th Generation Camaro owners. Someone there may have had a similar problem.

Search for "Camaro 6th Generation UK"
Hi All,

Now down to the problem, Last week i had to drive back from Malaga as the Ferry from Santander was cancelled, I drove 1500 miles in 2 Days.
On the way back the car developed a server brake vibration, so much that the whole car was shaking and had to drive via Paddle gear change so as not to use the brakes.
There is no warning lights on the dash as i thought ABS problem, the car has only

Many Thanks all, View attachment 4827View attachment 4827
Check ABS sensor for dust/ dirt. I brought a Chrysler back from Spain by road, it had lived there a couple of years. When approaching the give way at the bottom of my cul-de-sac, & only braking very gently, the ABS cut in as if I was traveling very fast & locking up the brakes. I got that judder which is the anti lock being applied & released very quickly. A local mechanic diagnosed it very quickly. Never happened again. As a side note the sunroof filled up with rain water, soaked the headliner.Drain holes blocked with Spanish dust! Obvious in hindsight, LOL

NOTTS ADE

CCCUK Member
Hi All,

Many Thanks all, View attachment 4827View attachment 4827Stay Safe
hi give us a call i also have a 2018 camaro or private message me this new to me just seen your post

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Warped Disc is the first call, but could be something remote to the Brakes such as a loose steering or suspension component, or even a fractured tyre, such as a bulge in the sidewall (I have just had the same, hidden on an inner sidewall) could even be the loss of balance weights, where a lot / heavy weights had had to be applied, even a wheel out of true, all these issues get magnified when you brake.

Atomic Corvette 22

Regular user
Warped Disc is the first call, but could be something remote to the Brakes such as a loose steering or suspension component, or even a fractured tyre, such as a bulge in the sidewall (I have just had the same, hidden on an inner sidewall) could even be the loss of balance weights, where a lot / heavy weights had had to be applied, even a wheel out of true, all these issues get magnified when you brake.
Thanks to all for your help and advise, Much appreciated.

Roscobbc

Odd thing that on my daily drivers (which start off as new vehicles) it isn't unknown for that symptom to show itself (albeit in a minor way) when the front disc pads are well worn - perhaps the worn pad doesn't absorb the heat under heavy braking and transmits the heat in to the disc?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi , I am based in Creswell, Notts. Thanks

Hi Richard, Thanks for the PM response, and understand you have spoken to Ade above. Hope you get it sorted soon with minimal effort. Lucky man living in the Notts area, saying as there is a group of guys up there with Ian Allan supplied Camaros and C7s that "know their stuff"! (y)

Last edited:

Atomic Corvette 22

Regular user
Hi Richard, Thanks for the PM response, and understand you have spoken to Ade above. Hope you get it sorted soon with minimal effort. Lucky man living in the Notts area, saying as there is a group of guys up there with Ian Allan supplied Camaros and C7s that "know their stuff"! (y)
Hi,
Certainly could not have asked for more help from the Ade up here, also a great place to live, Stay safe and well.
Cheers

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Brake vibration is often caused by brake pad deposits getting baked onto the disc. This can happen from a single brake application from high speed in a loaded car - as I discovered on the autobahn.

Some people say pad deposits can be removed by heavy braking. I'm sceptical. In my case the vibration gradually subsided over a few weeks of normal driving.

Take a look at this link, below, and have a further Google around the issue.

Atomic Corvette 22

Regular user
Many thanks to everyone input, Went to main dealers were not interested as it had covered 7000 in 12 months and told it was a service part and not
covered, Buyers beware if you buy new car Bumper to Bumper Warranty does not cover everything as you would think, Had to pay £250 for new discs as that was the problem, Thanks GM for nothing.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I doubt ant dealer will cover service parts such as discs as they are considered ` disposable ` items and not mileage or age related , its down to how the driver drives the car and low mileage infrequent use is as damaging to discs as high mileages due to corrosion build up . Make sure you don`t hold the car stationary on the foot brake after heavy braking from high speed as the heat generated between the pads causes even hotter spots on already hot discs which leads to localised warping of the discs . It is a bad habit many drivers do . Use the park brake and the heat disipates more quickly and evenly . If you have drilled vented discs they can even crack across the holes :eek: