Brakes

John Squara

CCCUK Member
Should I buy after market brakes or buy reconditioned original brakes for 66 Corvette. The new nipples are leaking on my brakes,must be the thread.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Should I buy after market brakes or buy reconditioned original brakes for 66 Corvette. The new nipples are leaking on my brakes,must be the thread.
The Nipples may be wrong - If it is a 66 would be nice to keep it as original as possible - Corvette Calipers on the older Vettes can lose fluid easily when not used for long periods, always best to have stainless steel lined bores and "O" ring lipped seals.

John Squara

CCCUK Member
Thanks but the nipples came from Corvette Kingdom. I think when I had the old ones drilled out the threads must of been damaged. I see Willwood do some that look like the original ones.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Blead nipples seal at the bottom on the unthreaded part. The thread doesn’t act as the seal. It should be relatively simple to get the seat refaced. It could also be that not all the old nipple has been removed.

Roscobbc

The logical thing to do (one would think) is to replace old rusty bleed nipples with nice new stainless steel ones.........er' perhaps not. I ruined an otherwise perfectly good stock caliper when the thread of the new bleed nipple didn't seat properly and attempts to do so simply meant that the tougher stainless material stripped the softer cast iron thread out of the caliper.......