Bring On The Summer

Roscobbc

This winter has been the longest period my Vette has remained garaged for years.......even though weather at times has been suitable.........there hasn't been enough regular rain to wash away any salt off the roads...........and of of course we have the condidtions of the roads themselves in most areas........pot holes, patches braking-up, large stones lying on the road surfaces.......used a section of the M25 a couple of weeks ago and even that had small pot holes in places........

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Same around my way , taking the Vette out is more like a slalom course around all the potholes . The A5 trunk road that I drive up and down regularly to get he Vette out from the storage workshop is so bad that anyone following me must think I am drunk !!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I've been saying this for years that we cannot build roads in this country. Over the last 15 years I've been to Portugal over 70 times and I still marvel at the quality and smoothness of their roads. Amazingly they even manage to install manholes at the same height as the surrounding blacktop so you hardly even notice them. Here the tolerance seems to be +/- 6" is close enough

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I've been saying this for years that we cannot build roads in this country. Over the last 15 years I've been to Portugal over 70 times and I still marvel at the quality and smoothness of their roads. Amazingly they even manage to install manholes at the same height as the surrounding blacktop so you hardly even notice them. Here the tolerance seems to be +/- 6" is close enough
It`s because construction and maintainance is all farmed out to the private sector with no site supervision by the client ( ie : local authorities ) to ensure standards are maintained .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I can't wait til summer either. Be good to get the Vette out. Had it out a few weeks ago on a nice day, but other than that it was November since last used.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I can't wait til summer either. Be good to get the Vette out. Had it out a few weeks ago on a nice day, but other than that it was November since last used.
Took the silver one out yesterday and it was running a bit rough until I hit some open quiet road and gave it some welly and it shook off the Winter blues then ran like a scalded cat. Felt great so yes roll on Summer

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Took the silver one out yesterday and it was running a bit rough until I hit some open quiet road and gave it some welly and it shook off the Winter blues then ran like a scalded cat. Felt great so yes roll on Summer
You can`t beat a good old `Italian Tune Up ` to sort a car out . :LOL:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Simeon Chodosh is producing these decals - the one shown on Tim's Corvette is 400mm wide but they are planning on offering 300mm & 200mm versions as well once pricing has been sorted. Really high quality and they assured me they were perfectly safe to apply on painted surfaces although it would have washed out on my silver car so we put it on the rear window. Note the white boarder is not part of the decal

20230221_122846_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20230221_145312_resized.jpg
    20230221_145312_resized.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Simeon Chodosh is producing these decals - the one shown on Tim's Corvette is 400mm wide but they are planning on offering 300mm & 200mm versions as well once pricing has been sorted. Really high quality and they assured me they were perfectly safe to apply on painted surfaces although it would have washed out on my silver car so we put it on the rear window. Note the white boarder is not part of the decal

View attachment 21344
Will these be available to purchase through the club ? It`s a great idea and the Marcos Owners Club did something similar to celebrate 50 years of Marcos and I had one on each door on my Mantara throughout year and did no harm to the paintwork .