C3 1969 DVLA Registration & Insurance

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Oh right. I haven’t bothered to read the guidance notes in twenty odd years, I’ve just filled in the form as I’ve always done previously. I’ll have a read through and see what I think. As I said previously, all I’ve always just filled in the relevant boxes with the required information I have to hand and send it off with the required supporting documentation and cheques. Not sure where your based, I’m in north London. Never had any problems since it was made a postal only service. Before that I went down to the local office at Stanmore, as they wanted to inspect the vehicle in person. Normally just to check the VIN as the DVLA wouldn’t take other agencies word for it. ie shipper, clearing agent, HMRC .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Had a read of the guidelines re documents required.
I can only assume that for new registrations for England, Scotland and Wales a insurance cover note is not needed as this can now be checked by computer by the DVLA through the VIN. Perhaps this system does not apply in Northern Ireland, and a copy of insurance is required.
As I’ve not read these guidelines I’ve got no idea when this arrangement was introduced. Probably within the last couple of years.
I’ve always sent off a copy of my cover note when registering, but as things get more computerised perhaps this is not necessary now.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I’ve tried Reis and Classicline.

The issue seems to be because it’s currently in bits they will only do a storage and transit policy and not a road one.
Hi , try “A Plan “ in thatcham , insure it on chassis no , explain you need it insured for fire and theft until registration comes through and you sre carrying out work for an mot . They did mine , it was just not insured for the road until i notified them of its reg number when it was allocated. 👍

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Hi , try “A Plan “ in thatcham , insure it on chassis no , explain you need it insured for fire and theft until registration comes through and you sre carrying out work for an mot . They did mine , it was just not insured for the road until i notified them of its reg number when it was allocated. 👍

So you didn’t send the DVLA proof of insurance to get yours registered?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
So you didn’t send the DVLA proof of insurance to get yours registered?
Yes but may be different as I sold a z4 m coupe that was insured with A plan, swapped the corvette onto that policy whilst it was still on the boat and sent the ins cert to dvla with the vette chassis no on it.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
To register a car for the first time in the UK, it needs to be insured. Road tax will be issued at the same time. It used to be a painless quick exercise before this Covid pandemic. I’ve read the DVLA HHS’s 500 staff off with it. No idea as to the timescale now in registering a car, will find out soon enough as I will need to register a couple soon.
My 72 took over 10 weeks as it was refused first time and went to the back of the queue again. They are saying 6to 8 weeks but 5/6 was qoted by a person on the phone also. Mine was rejected as i had no original us title or reg , only copies, so then had to write a letter explaining why. It all came good second tome around. The wait is a killer tho😩 hopefully you will be sorted soon 👍