C3 1980 red seatbelt stalk

Stingray Kev

CCCUK Member
Hi there anyone have a 1980 red seat belt stalk mines missing sorted now it was hiding under the carpet

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi there anyone have a 1980 red seat belt stalk mines missing
Good luck unbolting the existing belt and buckle to fit a replacement . The bolt on my drivers side of my 1980 was so corroded into the captive nut on underside of transmission tunnel that no amount of WD 40 and hauling on a long socket bar would shift it . Ended up cutting it out with an disc cutter and welding in a steel plate with a new bolt fixing !! :(

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This is the end result on my C3 . The newly painted black square with a shiny new bolt head is the steel plate I pre formed to the profile of the transmission tunnel and welded in place. Had to do the same on passenger side too .DSCF0100.JPGDSCF0103.JPG

Stingray Kev

CCCUK Member
It’s ok I took a closer look earlier and in fact it’s there just hidden behind the carpet side trim. I drove it today for the first time and couldn’t find it looked down and there was nothing there had a quick look and didn’t look like there was even a bolt. Undone the side carpet and popped out the stalk and as a bonus it works

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It’s ok I took a closer look earlier and in fact it’s there just hidden behind the carpet side trim. I drove it today for the first time and couldn’t find it looked down and there was nothing there had a quick look and didn’t look like there was even a bolt. Undone the side carpet and popped out the stalk and as a bonus it works
If only everything in life was that simple .