C3 dealers

Max Cheesmar

CCCUK Member
Hi all I’m looking for a C3 I have spoken to
Gavin at EMC
And Dromey Corvettes

can anyone give me any advice / experiences buying from these people
Both seem very good and knowledgeable but I’m a complete novice and any help is appreciated

max

Roscobbc

Much will depend on your budget, early or late car, manual/auto and big block or small block and perhaps where in the UK you are located.

Roscobbc

I’m in Surrey near Guildford. I like the chrome bumper ‘72 I have £25-30k to spend.
Max - C3's much like C2's and C1's are potential minefields relating to condition and originality. Good, and restored early cars (so pre 72/73) are at a premium.......but you should get something reasonable for your money.......not, perhaps the best or most original but something to work with. Later cars, for many are perhaps a lttle easier to live with where following the early 70's emissions 'pogroms' reduced performance (but maybe made them better cruisers).......but we're talking about stock, unmodified Vettes here........many later vette will have been unrated performance wise (and they'll mostly be the better for it) - beware of unknowledgable chancers and dealers selling ponced-up Vettes at often 'elevated' prices.

Max Cheesmar

CCCUK Member
Max - C3's much like C2's and C1's are potential minefields relating to condition and originality. Good, and restored early cars (so pre 72/73) are at a premium.......but you should get something reasonable for your money.......not, perhaps the best or most original but something to work with. Later cars, for many are perhaps a lttle easier to live with where following the early 70's emissions 'pogroms' reduced performance (but maybe made them better cruisers).......but we're talking about stock, unmodified Vettes here........many later vette will have been unrated performance wise (and they'll mostly be the better for it) - beware of unknowledgable chancers and dealers selling ponced-up Vettes at often 'elevated' prices.
Thank you, I have read lots about being careful what you buy so is a tricky one!
I want to buy a good solid car obviously but myself am not to bothered about having matching numbers etc. I want to have, use and enjoy the car. Not looking for something modified too much but not bothered if it doesn’t have the correct wheels for its year etc. (hope that makes sense)

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Stuart, the NW Rep, has a link to a very good C3 that's had a lot of money spent on it that might be in your price range if it's still available

This one Bill?

20190705_182315_resized.jpg

just checked piston heads and it's not listed anymore so it may be sold but yes, I did blow the budget on that one. OP's budget for a chrome bumper Corvette will be solid for a 1972 in great shape but stretched for an earlier more powerful one I think. The yellow one is a '71 LT-1 with the original solid lifter motor, 33k miles, new full chambered exhaust, new tyres, restored 4bbl carb, all chrome redone, new seat foam, new front grilles ££££, new callipers all round, new master cylinder, new shocks all round, new rag joint and I even sourced all the missing smog stuff and put that back to factory I just couldn't bond with the yellow and lost the will to have it painted the original Ontario Orange. Chuffed though that having been off the road for 25 years it won best classic Corvette at Stars & Stripes 2019 on it's first outing in all them years bar a trip to the garage that did some of the carb and exhaust work.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I was thinking about Roy's if Max is flexible on the year and not committed to chrome bumpers
ahh yes dropped from an unrealistic 45k to 32k or sensible offers. 75k spent on it mostly at Corvette Kingdom. L82 1981 I think with a 425hp crate engine. Selling due to declining health. Not sure the plate is included

20220717_124649_resized_1.jpg

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Looking at it I think it's a 79 with under spoiler and different hood - T reg is 1979 also. A good one to enjoy?
You know these better than I bill so you're probably correct and 1980 was the last year for L82 so defo not an '81 according to the BB. Should be a good one as Roy & Beryl had everything done regardless of cost including a full paint in 2021. I'm glad that they're letting it go as I worried about that much power and his condition and they still intend attending some of the shows.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all I’m looking for a C3 I have spoken to
Gavin at EMC
And Dromey Corvettes

can anyone give me any advice / experiences buying from these people
Both seem very good and knowledgeable but I’m a complete novice and any help is appreciated

max
Both , Top Guys who know these cars back to front and inside out !😀👍

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I can only say good things about Gavin.
Ironically, I did not buy my '73 C3 from Gavin as at the time of buying, largely due to the Covid lock down, Gavin did not have what I wanted at the time, but it was one he had imported and restored a few years before so I knew the car's history.

Gavin is beyond helpful, knowledgeable and remains so even though I didn't buy directly.
Top man - top cars.

As I say - I can only say good things about Gavin - Totally recommend.

Boeingdriver

CCCUK Member
Can’t rate Gavin highly enough…top class cars picked by him in Florida, no rubbish, peace of mind as absolutely all suspension/brakes etc will be renewed. Extremely helpful and knowledgable with absolutely no hard sell. ( he doesn’t have to)
Bought a mint 73 l82 and it’s been a pleasure dealing with him. Rare professional.

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
am California based a lot of the time these days (wife lives here\) so can look / inspect for good ca non rust car - and import from LA - let me know what you are looking for, expectation, budget and timescale etc

cheers keith keef@eurovettes.com